Machine Operator (Brake Press) – Afternoon Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Group - Canada is currently seeking a Machine Operator (Brake Press) for the Afternoon Shift in Milton, Ontario.
The Machine Operator’s primary function is to set up and operate fabrication equipment used in the Feeder department for the production of standard and custom parts to support the both internal and external customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above:
- You will perform safety checks for machines and supporting equipment and advise supervisor of concerns. In addition, you will perform autonomous maintenance and complete safety check sheets.(Shift Pre-Start checklist)
- You will operate Machine(s) based on on-the-job training, standardized operating procedures, detailed work instructions and manufacturer’s requirements.
- You will adhere to detailed specifications, work instructions, manufacturing information and written or verbal instructions from supervision.
- You will run and operate various software such as Dynamic Machine Management software (DMM), to hold codes, to report Drawing issue or any other issues and drawing search software (Enovia, Vault etc.) to view and print drawings for fabrication purpose.
- You will work from drawings, sketches, manufacturing information, to determine dimensions as well as from written or verbal instruction from supervision.
- You will review drawings for accuracy and resolve issues with appropriate personnel.
- You will determine the sequence of operations and feed material through machine.
- You will maintain log information/barcode on production and machine history as required.
- Ensure completed production orders are kept in an organized manner; through utilizing proper bin selection, tagging, pallet sizes and routing to the next operation.
- Maintain Kanban system; additionally retrieve raw material with tow motor if trained and certified.
- Perform minor machine maintenance through the use of TPM sheets. You will monitor operation of machines to clear blockage, prevent jams and breakage and assure adequate lubrication of feed stock.
- You will inform supervisor of potential production or material problems, including delay in shipment or delivery.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of Fabrication or Technical Experience in a steel manufacturing facility.
- No Sponsorship. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
- No Relocation. Candidates must currently reside within an 80km radius of the Milton, ON facility.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions that provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has more than 100,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No