Regional Category Manager
Job Title: Regional Category Manager #62215
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Regional Category Manager for Eaton’s Global Category Management based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
The Regional Category Manager supports the development and deployment of the global category strategy of Non Ferrous Castings & Non Ferrous Metals and is the primary owner of the strategy execution in the respective region(s) and / or business(es). Driving towards optimal conditions (cost, commercial, quality, delivery, innovation, VAVE) for the related category spend out of India / South Asia and maintaining a high focus on execution. Through his/her actions builds leverage across businesses and drives the One SCM concept both internally and externally, being the ambassador of the Eaton SCM community.
Develops deep category knowledge and becomes a true expert, knowing the portfolio and the market as well, in order to provide leadership guidance for the business and organization in the region. Builds and maintains strong relations with stakeholders and practices political savvy to support organization and function reaching their goals. Collaborates with other functions (operations, quality, logistics, R&D) for any new product development
Your essential responsibilities:
Initiates, develops and executes strategic initiatives to facilitate cross-business synergies and increased leverage across a rationalized set of global and regional preferred supplier partners.
•Negotiates and manages key strategic supplier contracts and relationships.
•Reviews, approves, monitors and reports compliance to category agreements and strategies based upon Eaton SCM strategic directions.
•Develops innovative business solutions, forecasts and commodity projections, and provides mitigation actions as applicable.
•Presents to senior management new planning tools, methods, technical analysis, standards and procurement opportunities that are aligned with SCM/Eaton strategic plans and cost reduction initiatives.
•Identifies and implements innovative solutions to business problems, independently and through cross functional One Eaton teams.
•Benchmarks procurement processes to develop and implement best practices throughout Eaton and Supply Chain Management.
•Creates alignment between corporate and business unit strategic and financial plans.
•Ensures compliance of suppliers with Eaton SCM Sustainability Programs.
•Ensures compliance of Eaton SCM policies.
•Plan, prepare and execute annual profit planning for the owned spend, and supports execution with the business cross functional teams.
•Ensures compliance on GO GREEN initiative, and maintains key category related metrics according to expectations.
•Leads Supplier Business Reviews with strategic suppliers on a regular basis annually.
•Conduct other category manager related activities requested by the Global Category Manager
If you are:
· This position requires minimum a Bachelors degree. Mechanical / Industrial / Production engineering degree is preferred but not a must.
· At least 5 years of supply chain experience, previous specific Commodity Management/Strategic Sourcing Experience is a must
· Demonstrated Problem Solving Skills
· •Demonstrated ability to achieve results
· •Experience within a Multi-Location Manufacturing / Assembly plant environment an advantage
· •Acknowledged expert in identifying and understanding current trends in supply chain management specific to services, direct and / or indirect materials.
· •Exhibits excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to converse with diverse group of stakeholders including senior management (internal and at the suppliers), operations and supply chain management personnel.
· •Demonstrates ability in strategic process creation and implementation, knowledge and experience in successfully deploying category strategies and driving cost-out.
· •Demonstrates ability to lead cross-functional / global teams in the development, implementation, and achievement of business results for cross-functional business initiatives and category strategies.
· •Must be able to take a leadership role in driving change in the organization.
· •Creative thinker and has a vision of how to drive the organization to the next level of strategic category management.
· •Has a demonstrated ability in the area of strategic process creation and implementation and demonstrates a bias for action and implementation.
· •Experience in managing multiple tasks globally.
· •Must be able to identify and implement emerging supply management tools.
· •Has strong motivation and mentoring skills.
· •Strong oral and written communication skills.
· •Global business experience is required with experience in negotiating with global suppliers.
· •Must have the ability to directly lead and manage and influence people within the organization without having direct reporting lines.
· •Demonstrated ability to create price GAPs and drive results via fact-based negotiations.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: SCM Supply Chain Management Function
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time