Sales Representative - Fire and Life Safety
Eaton’s Safety Division is currently seeking a Sales Representative supporting Fire Safety, Life Safety, and Mass Notification products to join our team. This position is based out of a home office in Florida; covering Florida, Georgia and Alabama.
As a leading supplier in the Life Safety and Mass Notification System (MNS) markets, Eaton provides decades of experience and innovation. With advanced technological solutions, Eaton helps their clients respond to threats by delivering the right message to the right people at the right time. Eaton’s solutions include WAVES and SAFEPATH voice evacuation systems and Wheelock notification appliances.
The Southern District Sales Representative is responsible for managing existing customers while focusing on developing and closing new business opportunities within key sophisticated vertical markets.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will implement short, medium and long-term strategic and tactical plans that promote the outdoor voice, interoperable emergency notification and integrated platform solutions offered at Eaton.
- You will aggressively manage and track business opportunity pipeline (e.g., private and public entities aligned with government/defense, transportation, petrochemical, higher education and miscellaneous sectors.)
- You will utilize consultative style to evaluate the prospective customer’s existing MNS and Fire systems, processes and potential gaps. Identify solutions that incorporate the appropriate Eaton product line/technology.
- You will develop solution strategies to sell appropriate, comprehensive mass notification systems (MNS) and Fire notification solutions to top level decision makers, as well as project consultants, contractors, architects and engineers, code enforcement officials, and other end-users.
- You will work collaboratively through a network of OEM, SED’s, ESD’s and ISD’s dealers in multiple vertical markets to meet target sales goals.
- You will articulate compelling value propositions to targeted decision-makers based on understanding the technical and financial benefits of Eaton’s solutions.
- You will develop new relationships that will impact growth within targeted areas.
- You will achieve preferred-specification status for Eaton Life Safety and MNS solutions within targeted end-user projects.
- You will solicit and develop new integrator/dealer partners within Eaton’s established channel programs.
- You will leverage Eaton’s internal and external selling networks to develop “One Eaton” offerings and proposals spanning multiple Eaton products and services to targeted customers and markets.
- You will achieve budgeted sales and pipeline development/closure goals within assigned markets.
- You will proactively review targeted growth goals vs. results. Capably manages pipeline development process to ensure target sales goals are attained.
- You will utilize demonstrated business development, technical and sales competencies to successfully interact and navigate through the complete sales cycle process.
- You will utilize standard sales tools, including CRM, to manage work plan.
- You will support other business development initiatives as needed.
- You will promote the company’s mission and vision by actively supporting Eaton’s ethics and values as well as quality policies.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Fire and Life Safety systems products and/or services, focused in the commercial, institutional, and/or industrial market space
- Must possess and maintain a valid & unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation is not offered for this position. Only candidates that reside within Florida can be considered at this time.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time