Eaton’s Power Motion Control Division within the Hydraulics Group is seeking an Accounting Supervisor. The Accounting Supervisor will be based at our Searcy, AR facility.
The position is accountable to perform financial review, forecasting, budgeting, accounting, special project review and creation of financial reports to provide, Division, and Business Unit management with reliable information to make choices impacting the financial performance of the corporation. The primary purpose is to assist in the annual budget process, review of monthly performance through financial statement reviews, complete month end tasks, provide presentations to management on financial performance and perform investigation on changes in the business.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will prepare and review financial forecasts, operating budgets, capital expenditures, and strategic plans.
- You will report daily progress of the business toward the monthly established goals, giving the management team the first line of reporting.
- You will perform detailed SG&A expenditure review to identify trends and areas in need of cost control focus. Provide value add variance analysis to highlight issues or opportunities and promote understanding of necessary changes.
- You will perform business unit finance/accounting month-end closing procedures, complete account reconciliations, prepare journal entries.
- You will review profit and loss, Balance Sheet, and Cash flow statements for domestic and international business units.
- You will perform hourly payroll duties including maintaining TimeTrack, submitting data to central payroll, investigating issues, and following up with HR/Supervisors to ensure proper coding in the system
- You will manage development of profit plan and standard cost roll - including labor and burden rates
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or Accounting from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in accounting and financial analysis is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or Accounting
- Finance and accounting experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- CPA/CMA/Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration a plus
- Working experience with Oracle, MfgPro, Longview or Cognos a plus
- Previous supervisor experience is preferred.
- High level of integrity
- Strong investigative and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities against multiple deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to work well with people across multiple functions
- Ability to communicate/present to senior level managers
- Requires a strong understanding of standard financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow) and working knowledge and application of accounting principles and practices
- Requires leadership and strong interpersonal skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time