Entry Level Manufacturing Engineer
Eaton located in Kings Mountain, NC has an opening for an Entry Level Manufacturing Engineer
The Entry Level Manufacturing Engineer has responsibility to implement, improve, and maintain the processes of manufacturing the Gears and Shafts required for transmission assembly and aftermarket sales in alignment to the Manufacturing Department Goals. This will also include research and development of new technologies and techniques and supporting new product launches.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will monitor, improve and maintain processes, layouts, and part prints.
- You will be responsible for part Processing (Implement ECN’s and Process Change Requests)
- You will support CNC Programming (lathes, hobs, shapers, shavers, etc.), create and revise Process Drawing, Routings both in Oracle and Matrix, and Process sheets while supporting Tool design
- You will maintain a constant search for identifiable and measurable cost reductions through scrap analysis and technology applications.
- You will participate in capital planning, investigate equipment alternatives, prepare appropriation justifications, implement equipment, and evaluate results.
- You will obtain print deviations from divisional Product Engineering and coordinate deviations at plant level.
- You will be responsible for the implementation and deployment of actions to ensure compliance with all safety regulations, and laws as they apply to their areas of responsibility.
- You will assist in maintaining an atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing department and plant goals.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work for the US on an on-going basis without company sponsorship.
- Relocation is offered for this position.
- Prior Internship or co-op experience
- Working Knowledge of Manufacturing and Engineering principles
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time