Lead Software Engineer
QualificationsRequired (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University
- Minimum of 3 years of software development experience with software applications.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with back-end technology using J2EE/Java
- Minimum 1 year experience of working with web based applications
- Minimum 1 year of experience producing/ consuming REST Web services
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Atlanta will be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or closely related discipline.
- Experience with model based design of algorithms
- Experience of developing control engine software solutions
- Experience developing or working with Bluetooth enabled software systems
- Knowledge of Database Design, SQL Queries and transactions.
- Working knowledge of Design Patterns.
- Sound understanding of Agile development, UML, SDL and CMM.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Expert knowledge of best practice software engineering methodologies, processes, and technologies with a passion for programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge of object-oriented programming and design principles.
- Expert ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to follow directions
- Ability to articulate and promote software development best-practices
- Experience with revision control systems, preferably Git
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time