Senior Analyst – RPA Business Analysis
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries..
Eaton is taking initial strides in implementing Robotic Process Automation (RPA) for its functions and shared service centers across the globe. IT function will be taking a lead in building capability to aid RPA deployment.
This role will be part of Eaton’s IT – ADQS CoE - QA team and will be a key member of the RPA primarily responsible to play the Business Analyst role for RPA Projects across functions like HR, Finance, Tax, SCM, SMC, Engineering & IT. The RPA BA will have a deep understanding in more than one of the above areas and will be responsible for working with various functions to define and document processes that can be automated using RPA. The BA will analyze the business process and system process and come up with recommendation improvements/standardizations before they could be automated.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
1. Work with various functions to gather requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, process analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints
2. Actively participate in BPI workshops conducted by functions to identify process issues and standardize prior to automation
3. Responsible to work with functions to prioritize processes for RPA by applying the right automation criteria and calculate ROI
4. Management of approved requirements specifications & verification of implementation scope.
5. Completes project related deliverables including future state design and requirements documentation.
6. Work closely with developers, functional experts (business) and project manager to ensure development is according to approved requirements.
7. Work closely with business to ensure improvements in process accepted as part of future state is implemented from business side (alignment of process with automation)
8. Participates in unit testing, takes lead on integration testing & training materials, coordinates user acceptance testing events.
9. Prepares and provides training as required to business process owners and other key stakeholders.
10. Effectively communicates the status for deliverables to project management and leadership to effectively mitigate risks and resolve issues
11. Responsible for applying business knowledge and best practices toward solution design for the system.
12. Continue to act as business liaison even after Go Live of automation – with an intent to enhance and improve.
13. Will be responsible for multiple Projects in parallel across geographies primarily leveraging agile/sprint methodology.
14. In the initial period (<1 Year) expected to do hands-on development on RPA tool. This will enable understanding of RPA tool and help in designing effective solutions for business.
Describe any specialized knowledge or skill (e.g., technical, scientific, administrative, managerial) which your position requires.
Functional experience interfacing with ERPs (Oracle or SAP or other primary ERP systems) & CRM (Customer Relationship Management) strongly desired
Knowledge of Project Management discipline (waterfall and agile models) and System Development Lifecycle methodologies (SDLC).
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal at all levels of the Organization. This position will often work with senior leaders within Business and IT.
Solid critical thinking/analytical and problem solving skills, especially in cross functional environment.
Strong Business and Analytical skill for complex problem solving, demonstrated ability to understand the business problem and to use analytical skills to research and resolve.
Experience in performing gap analysis, root cause analysis, verification planning preferred
Green/Black Belt in Six Sigma desired.
Ability to influence and lead others in Process change and adherence
Will be supporting RPA Architect in managing RPA control room activities.
Educational Qualifications and Other required Skills:
Bachelor in Engineering/B.E/B. Tech and/or required equivalent. Master’s degree is preferred but not mandatory.
Overall 5-8 years of experience with minimum 1-2 years of Business Analysis experience.
Leads, mentors and coaches peers as applicable
Prior experience in Business process re-engineering or implementation experience on BPM Tool will be an added advantage.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time