Regional Manager - Materials
- Develop & Lead materials for VG & Hydraulics Operations.
- Work closely with Production, Marketing, Manufacturing Engg, Sourcing and Supplier Development for achieving lowest Total Cost of Ownership for each part.
- Lead & provide functional direction to all functions of Materials like Inbound and Outbound logistics, Import – Export Management ,Customer Order Management, In-house material handling , Warehouse & Distribution Management , Stat. Compliances and Stores Mgt. for all product lines.
- Develop & manage Trading Sales Order Management for Domestic Customers, at optimum cost & meet OTD.
- Plan & Supervise the activities of Customer Order Management, production Planning & Supplier Scheduling functions, Inventory Analysis, Dept. Systems Procedures, Standardization & long range Planning to ensure Customer OTD.
- Develop & Direct Plant Stores for effective material storage, inventory, Cycle count for stock accuracy.
- Develop, Direct & provide effective Warehouse Management at Plant & 3 PL for finished goods and meet optimum logistics cost for inbound & outbound.
- Ensure to meet Materials Department goals related to Inventory (DOH) and Logistics Cost.
- Deploy strategies designed to improve and optimize inventory management
- Implementation and adherence to the Eaton Business System, MMA and OpA related to Materials Function.
- Drive compliance to the Eaton Code of Ethics and hold others accountable for ethical conduct in the function.
- Develop, train, coach, appraise and motivate other personnel for key line and staff positions in the function.
- Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and governance.
- Develop and maintain a high performance culture focused on continuous improvement and change.
- Develop a strong communication system to get the organization engaged in meeting the goals.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Production Engineering with diploma in Materials Management would be an added advantage
- 12 to 15 years of experience in Material Management functions having in-depth knowledge of Production Planning & Logistics, Import- Exports.
- Knowledge about people process i.e. Functional Training, Performance Management, Rewards and Recognitions etc.
- Knowledge and experience in Materials functional competencies such as Capacity Planning, Continuous Process Improvement, Inventory Management & Optimization, Lean Concepts, Materials Replenishment Planning, Negotiation, Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning, Supply Chain Continuity Planning, Total Cost Management
- Demonstrate knowledge of business trends and economic cycles to implement materials planning strategies
- Customer/Supplier interaction in a highly demanding environment.
- Effective Leadership and communication skills. Management roles in Engg. Industry especially automotive will be an added advantage
- Experience in other areas like Lean/Six Sigma, Program Management would be added advantage.
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage employees effectively. Ability to forge strong relationships at all levels in organization. Strong Team player.
- Eaton Leadership competencies.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time