Senior Software Engineer
Eaton’s Vehicle eMobility division is currently hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. This position will be based out of our Port Coquitlam, BC facility.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for new product developments, sustaining projects, product updates & improvements, support of service department and existing customers. The software engineer will take active roles at the beginning of product design cycle from product concept to production launch, through definition, implementation, and documentation. This person will be a key contributing member of the project team and must be able to work well with team members of all levels in Sales and Marketing, Customer Service, Engineering, Product Management and other Eaton teams.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will draft engineering requirements documents to define product functionalities.
- You will design system and software architectures.
- You will debug and analyze device issues and field returns.
- You will participate in hardware design related to firmware requirements.
- You will implement firmware code to meet engineering requirements.
- You will achieve schedule commitments with implementation plans, and takes initiatives to identify and remove roadblocks.
- You will guide the transition of advanced technologies into final products.
- You will assess new technologies via reviews of the state-of-the-art and/or through proof of concept.
- You will contribute to the intellectual property base of the company.
- You will enforce and work in accordance with quality system procedures.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
- Bachelor degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Software development experience using C and C++.
- Experience in Embedded firmware design.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software design projects.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Must reside within 80km to be considered for the role.
- 3 years of experience in automotive product design.
- 5 years of experience in a senior engineer capacity leading design projects.
- Experience in electronic hardware design.
- Experience with electronics compliance for EMC and mechanical design. Eg CE mark, automotive electrical testing, mechanical testing.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas, concepts to technical and non-technical audience.
- Proven ability to convert stakeholder feedback into specification and design documentation.
- Knowledge/and or experience of engineering design methodologies Agile design methods and implementation.
- Knowledge or experience with stage gated development processes.
- Experience with software design process and tools, such as code collaboration tools, code review processes.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No