Division Controller - Hydraulics Fluid Conveyance Business
Eaton’s Hydraulics Group, Americas has an opening for a Division Controller to join our Regional Finance team. This position is located in our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
This position is responsible in managing and overseeing the activities within the finance function for the Hydraulics Fluid Conveyance (FC) business in the Americas’ region; including 7 manufacturing facilities and 1 distribution facility generating $783M annual revenue.
The position will report functionally to the VP of Finance Hydraulics Americas. Assuming the role of a business partner within the organization, the Controller is expected to develop and enhance the finance function beyond that of a controllership and reporting into one that proactively interprets and addresses both the strategic and operational needs of the Fluid Conveyance (FC) business within the region.
The Controller will provide leadership to Americas FC organization acting as a business partner to the Operations Leadership Team and in leading compliance to corporate financial policies, legal requirements and GAAP. This position is responsible for building organizational capability within the Finance function and to provide financial leadership and direction to the operations and its leadership team in the pursuit of business goals and objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Provide functional leadership to the regional FC finance organization. Build functional capability and excellence by creating a focused, team-oriented and effective group that adds value as business partners to the company. Participate actively in developing and integrating the strategic aims of the organization; and be involved in key decisions
- Manages the processes to consolidate report and analyze monthly results, forecasts and plans. Review performance metrics with divisional and regional management. Analyze financial forecasts and results to determine and recommend profit and/or cash flow improvement opportunities
- Provide accurate and timely information to drive decision making as a result of interpretation of the financials and operating metrics. Use this information in pursuing the division’s goals and objectives.
- Lead profit planning processes and provide accurate and meaningful financial information to all members of the regional FC team and Americas regional leadership. Provide interpretive, value-added guidance in addition to standard reporting and data compilation required for the business to achieve its financial objectives
- Creates, promotes and sustains a high-performance culture. Continuously raises the performance bar for the finance organization. Actively upgrade the organization through the infusion of top talent, through both the selection of new employees and the development of current employees.
- Direct the monthly financial processes for the division including closing the books, reporting actual results, leadership in developing, analyzing and communicating the monthly rolling forecast
- Evaluates capital investments and recommends course of action to maximize growth, productivity, and cash flow returns
- Ensures linkage of SIOP demand and market changes with financial rolling forecast including plant capacity analysis, including working with Eaton’s global hose facilities outside of the region to help balance demand ad capacity
- Ensure division is in compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley requirements. Conducts quarterly balance sheet reviews and reviews account reconciliations to ensure accuracy of stated balances. Ensure maintenance of proper accruals and reserves
- Review and assess the competency of financial systems and procedures to comply with GAAP and corporate policies/procedures and ensure the integrity of the financial records for the business
- Coordinates and provides direction for standard cost updates at the division’s plants, including implementation of transfer prices for intercompany transactions
- Demonstrates ability to drive process improvements: detecting the need for change, proactively gathering requirements, designing and developing processes, implementing change, and stabilizing process changes to deliver on stakeholder’s critical requirements
- Support development and deployment of the manufacturing strategy
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a Finance or Accounting role
- 2 years MOP experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and concepts
- Ability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operations analyses/reports
- Broad general product and business knowledge to adequately interpret operating results, studies, and analyses
- General knowledge of all functional areas of Divisional and Corporate organizations
- Understanding of procedures followed by Operations personnel related to manufacturing strategies, implications of outsourcing decisions on the Group’s ability to produce products and the development of fact-based decisions to improve the Group’s profitability
- Ability to assess complex business situations and respond by communicating/explaining, to financial and non-financial managers alike, their implications as well as to evaluate the initiatives/options available.
- Drives business performance and challenges status quo … continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to earn the respect and trust of peers, seniors and subordinates
- Experience in developing and implementing business plans
- Strong technical competence in financial control and costing, particularly as it relates to manufacturing
- Understanding of and proficiency in US GAAP and international accounting standards, and good comprehension of Sarbanes-Oxley
- Approximated travel is 25% to visit key manufacturing sites
- An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits
- This position is located in our Eden Prairie, MN facility
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time