The Fuel and Motion Control Systems Division of Eaton’s Aerospace Group has an opening for a Design Engineer. The Design Engineer position will be based in Euclid, Ohio.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for examining drawings before release to ensure they conform to industry standard dimensioning, local drawing standards, and product tolerance stack-ups. They will perform product part tolerance stack-ups and interference checks with other product assembly components utilizing current CAD software package. Documents tolerance stack-ups for MRB assessments. Design and detail products for Aerospace fuel system components and assist with Engineering Change process and Configuration of product.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world.
We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will perform and document product part tolerance stack-ups and interference checks with other product assembly components utilizing current CAD software package (CATIA V5) to ensure mating components interface properly, and maintains history of these stack-ups.
- You will check new and revised detail drawings for accuracy and conformance to design standards and use current Product Lifecycle Management system (Enovia V6) to control design integrity.
- You will maintain timely submittals of Engineering Changes internally and with the customer and keep records of Engineering Change submittals and monitor these statistics.
- You will produce solid models, 2D/3D layouts, and sketches in accordance with applicable specifications or standards, utilizing current CAD software package (i.e. CATIA V5).
- You will prepare designs with high Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) proficiency.
- You will interface with internal and external customers and suppliers, representing Eaton and delivering effective communication.
- You will consult closely with Designers to ensure robust products.
- You will assess manufacturing non-conformances to ensure deviations to current drawings do not adversely impact to component/assembly fit, function, performance, and service life.
- You will review hardware from service returns and assists reliability group with product investigation reports.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Requires (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited institution
- 3 years of experience in design engineering or drawing.
2 years of experience with a 3D Computer Design Package for example CATIA V5
This position requires the use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the international Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be US persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a US Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee
Sponsorship is NOT approved for this position, candidates must be legally able to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
No relocation will be offered for this position. Only candidates who reside within a 50 mile radius of the Euclid, OH facility will be considered for this position
Degree in a related field (i.e. Engineering, Industrial Technology, etc.) required from an accredited institution.
Experience using ENOVIA (computer system for Product Lifecycle Management) Version 6 preferred
- Aerospace fuel systems, pump, and valve experience a plus
- Knowledge of industry design standards (i.e. Military, SAE, etc…)
10 years of experience involving application and interpretation of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5
Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Furnish solutions for continuous improvement.
- Ability and desire to learn beyond hiring position.
- Disciplined and meticulous in work output.
- Positive attitude towards continuous improvement and design for manufacturability.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Strong drive for results and sense of urgency to meet agreed deadlines.
- Collaboration with other Eaton sites; including offshore Engineering resources.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time