Senior Software Engineer
Eaton’s Energy Automation Solutions division is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Plymouth, MN facility.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for developing PC/mobile configuration and control software applications on the Windows .Net platform.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle (Requirements, Design, Coding, Testing, and Release) following a structured engineering process to ensure quality and reliability
- You will develop software solutions in a C# / .NET environment primarily using Microsoft Visual Studio
- You will collaborate with external and internal customers, such as Product Management, Field Service, Operations and other Engineering teams during the product development life cycle
- You will develop supporting engineering documentation including software requirements specifications, design documentation and design verification test plans
- You will ensure the product specifications are complete, accurate and achievable
- You will estimate work load, establish and maintain project schedules and monitor progress through the project execution phases
- You will drive a software design with a team of engineers both locally and remote
- You will contribute to team’s technical growth by engaging in technical discussion and mentoring
- You will search for technologies which would improve product performance, reduce development time or reduce cost
- You will have active communication with the cross functional team to ensure schedule, cost and performance alignment
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Electrical, Software, Computer Science Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing software applications.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing C# applications.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Windows Presentation Foundation
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Plymouth, MN will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution.
- Experience in Agile design methodologies
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience developing solutions utilizing standards based protocols
- Experience leading a team through the architecture, design, and test phase of the product development lifecycle
- Experience in Workflow
- Understanding of concurrency patterns in C#
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Understanding of designing and writing scalable applications
- Knowledge of PC communications such as IP, serial, USB, or Bluetooth
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of application and database integration methods and technologies
- Proficient understanding of software configuration and change management processes and tools (SVN, Git, Jira, etc.)
- Strong problem solving and software debugging skills
- Knowledge of the DNP3 protocol
- Dedication to improving engineering design and
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time