Associate Engineer - Aerospace
Job Title: Associate Engineer - Aerospace #062086
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Associate Engineer - Aerospace in EIIC within Aerospace team, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of EIIC-Eaton India Innovation Center
Your essential responsibilities:
This role is to execute AerospaceHydraulics Aftermarket projects , Bids & proposals and NPI projectsexecution from EIIC. The focus will be on Hydraulics control products (filter module, valves, manifolds) from Aero FMC Los Angeles site as NPI, NPD andsustaining business as a strategic focus area for this product line. Personin this position will be responsible for executing identified projects bydirectly working with global team members and associated business group .He/she will also be responsible for handling all communication andcoordination of all related activities for successful completion of the projects.
· Capture customer voice and perform initial feasibility analysis, planproject milestones and estimate NRE efforts.
· Performs complex engineering assignments, involvingproduct design, testing and preparation of specifications, process studies,or research investigations using appropriate tools and techniques for theproduct like filter module, valves and manifolds.
· Execute engineeringdesign modifications or create new design using engineering analysis andDFSS. Perform test planning and engineering documentation using appropriatetools and techniques
· Support prototyping and reliability testing of productsby working closely with Reliability experts, test engineering team , labexperts and global product engineers.
· Execute cost out activities for Hydraulic componentssuch as valves and pumps. Plan and conduct Should cost analysis by leveragingDFMA methodologies.
· Deployment of DFSS methodology ,DFR and engineeringanalytics for new product development &/or existing product improvements.
· Prepare detailed CAD 3D models and drawings by applying design standards (GD&T,tolerance stack, etc.) and procedures governing product design methods,documents and data control for the Aerospace group
· Performs quality check of drawings/ concepts created tomeet Eaton and customer standards / requirements. Actively participate inbenchmarking activities, brain storming sessions and drawing/design reviews.
· Creates reusabledesign practices by preparing design guides and calculators for Valves andmanifolds.
· Participate in deployment of the Aerospace groupinitiatives such as AS9100c, 5S,ITAR
If you are:
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
2+ years of relevant experience on Mechanical Product design and development
Knowledge on Hydraulics system and components
DFSS Green Belt certification- Demonstrated experience of using DFSS tools like DFMEA,FMECA, Monte Carlo Analysis, Regression,DVPR etc.
Systematic problem solving methods and tools -8D, Fishbone, RCA
CATIA / PRO Engineering tool
Engineering Analysis tools -PRO Mechanica, MathCAD
Effective communication and presentation skills
Experience in hydraulic product design in development like pumps, valves and manifold
Experience in hydraulic component testing as per RTCA DO 160, MIL 810
Understanding of Aerospace products and standards
Design for Reliability (DfR) knowledge MATLAB Simulink
Proficiency in Hydro-mechanical calculations
Proficiency in Hydraulic circuits and control logic understanding
Proficiency in GD&T application
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time