Eaton’s Vehicles division is currently seeking a Sr. Quality Engineer to join our team.
This position is based at our Aguascalientes facility.
The Sr. Quality Engineer is responsible for Support the development of a quality culture through educating the organization to the need for continuous improvement & assuring customers of Eaton’s commitment to quality.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
Develop process control plans & review data collection methods & applicability of data to operator control; assist in the development & implementation of Dimensional Control Plan (DCP).
Assist with the implementation of quality systems (TS-16949, EQS).
Assist in the development of PFMEA’s and PPAP’s.
Participate in & lead structured team problem solving & apply statistical & other problem solving tools.
Direct & conduct process potential studies & sample layout of new or revised processes.
Interact with & assist customers on quality related issues, report root cause & corrective actions back to customer; conduct customer visits as needed.
Assist in the preparation of customer required reporting.
Actively participate in manufacturing & process improvement teams as the voice of the customer.
Participate as a member of APQP teams to bring product to market.
Assist in the development & presentation of cost of quality measurements.
Assist in identifying & coordinating quality related training programs.
Participate in safety coaching. Provide EHS training (100% completion). Complete assigned EHS inspections. Respond to department EHS Concerns. Enforce the rules. Include Safety topics in department meetings. Get Involved. See attachment for more details.
Support to training SPC to use at operation and define SPC chart. Monitor SPC data capability and support to define corrective action by problem solving tools. Deploy SPC system at operation required.
Demonstrate the application of the 8 CIF modules and support related initiatives on daily basis through establishing, maintaining and complying his/her Standard Work and other tools. Participate in Kaizen events, Lean Council and Continuous Improvement teams when required. Generate ideas for improvement according with the local programs. Implement and optimize Lean Management tools. Sustain the ELLS tools (VSM, 5´s, TMP, STW, Set up, Problem Solving, Materials Management and 6 Sigma) to drive the continuous improvement performance when apply.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (quality, statistics, preferred)
- Minimum 3 years experience applying quality tools in a manufacturing environment, automotive preferred
- Certificate Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred
- Six Sigma Blackbelt or Greenbelt would be a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Solid knowledge of engineering techniques & manufacturing processes
- Thorough knowledge of statistics & statistical process control, including gauge repeatability & reproducibility studies
- Knowledge of metrology, including CMM application & programming preferred
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheets, statistical programs, database maintenance & CAD
- Thorough knowledge of geometric dimensioning & tolerance (GD&T) principles
- Proficiency in problem solving & quality techniques including:
- 8-D problem solving
- Capability Analysis
- Ability to communicate in the English language (80%)
Position Success Criteria :
- Position requires a customer, proactive problem solving skills & effective communications techniques to deal with internal & external customers & suppliers.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time