Assembler - 2nd shift
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking an Assembler to join our second shift team. This position is based at our Cleveland, TN facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will assemble components of safety switches, enclosed circuit breakers and engineered to order / Flex Center products using hand tools, gauges and air tools.
- You will perform quality checks consistent with the Inspection and control plans and check inventory/replenish parts to assembly stations.
- You will use Kanban system to assure availability of parts.
- You will read orders and drawings to determine assembly procedures such as component types and configuration, mounting locations and clearances required.
- You will assemble and fit parts and components to form sub-assemblies, or completed assemblies.
- You will stage necessary component parts / material in a manner which allows for the smooth flow of order activities through the assembly / manufacturing process.
- You will work with various groups of employees in team based environment.
- You will cross-train in various areas of the Assembly Department.
- You will be responsible to comply with all applicable ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 procedures. Possess a working knowledge of relevant ISO procedures and work instructions.
- You will be responsible to bring health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management’s attention or correct those where possible.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area of the Eaton facility in Cleveland, TN will be considered for this position
- Previous manufacturing and/or assembly experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No