Supply Chain Representative
Eaton’s Hydraulics Division is currently seeking a Supply Chain Representative to join our team.
This position is based at our Van Wert, Ohio facility.
The Supply Chain Representative will supply “Special” services to Eaton Hydraulics Key customers as assigned. The incumbent’s primary responsibility will be improving the value that Eaton provides our key customers, and improving our standing as a key supplier. This will be accomplished through management of our customer’s scorecards and initiatives aimed at improving our results, the proactive monitoring of open orders, addressing supply chain constraints without impact to our customers, and the management of Eaton owned and Eaton managed inventory ensuring a world class supply chain. This individual will work with a large cross functional team including Customer Service, Supply Chain, and Operations in multiple plants within North America, ensuring our plants are meeting the expectations of the assigned customer(s). This individual will also be expected to work directly with the customer on occasion, and will lead cross functional projects and utilize root cause problem solving to improve our performance at assigned customer(s).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will proactively monitor open orders for assigned customer(s), and take action to address supply chain / operational issues (component shortages, capacity constraints, outside vendor processes etc.) without impact to assigned customer(s).
- You will coordinate changes to or cancellation of in-house orders/back orders for replacement parts for correcting errors (shortages, wrong items shipped, etc.) for assigned customer(s)
- You will utilize tools such as Eaton Websites, customer websites/portals, MFG Pro and pharos to ensure delivery to assigned customer(s). Manage planning for these customers.
- You will receive, investigate and respond to customer inquiries regarding shipments, orders, and product/service issues
- You will maintain key supply chain metrics (OTD) for assigned customer(s) and lead / influences the larger cross functional team in root cause problem solving and proactive improvement initiatives to achieve YOY improvement in Eaton performance and customer scorecard metrics (where applicable).
- You will work closely with Eaton Site Leaders, Account Managers and Plant facility support groups.
- You will work directly with the Logistics Group and customers to set up new Managed Service sites.
- You will manage Eaton owned inventory at Key customers and conduct annual physical inventory at consigned inventory sites.
- You will participate in / guide Lean improvement events (Kaizen, 5S, Supermarket implementation, root cause problem solving, etc.) to align Eaton processes to assigned customer(s) expectations.
- You will exhibit a high level of ownership of assigned customer(s) scorecards, and develop / implement improvement plans.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Ability to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Must reside within 50 miles of Van Wert, OH
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Operations Management, or Engineering from an accredited institution
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing tools and structured problem solving
- APICS CPIM Certification
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Operations or Materials
- A minimum of 1 years of supply chain experience using standard MRP system
- A minimum of 1 year in a customer facing role
Position Success Criteria:
- Working knowledge of PC utilizing Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Mfg Pro, RIMS, and Pharos
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Lean manufacturing tools and structured problem solving
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time