IT Senior Oracle Project Manager
Eaton’s Information Technology team is currently seeking an Information Technology (IT) Senior Project Manager to join our Product Operations Center of Excellence (PROCOE) team.
Join Eaton’s Information Technology (IT) team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms.
The Information Technology (IT) Senior Project Manager is responsible for:
- Provide project leadership by adhering to standard departmental policies, processes and documentation guidelines for project delivery.
- Define and communicate roles and responsibilities for project team members – functional and technical.
- Develop project plans including detailing work breakdown structures and critical paths.
- Work with customers and technical resources to develop project schedules and detailed cost breakdowns.
- Perform risk management planning, risk identification and mitigation planning.
- Ensure sign-off on all major system deliverables by stakeholders.
- Develop organizational change management strategies and leading communications with senior executives, mid-level or first line leaders and key stakeholders.
- Monitor and report on schedule and budget variances.
- Ensure quality delivery of team member tasks in accordance to the plan.
- Negotiate statement of works and manage third party suppliers.
- Direct the work of a large-scale team of IT and functional resources.
- Negotiate and influence solutions that positively meet program and company objectives.
In this role you will:
Plan, control and execute project requirements following Eaton-prescribed process (ProLaunch and PMBOK) to ensure business objectives are met.
Work with Resource Managers to staff projects.
Define and communicate roles for project team members (functional-technical).
Establish project budget, track spend and communicate current and project burn rates.
Work with customers and technical resources to develop project plans, detailing work break down structures and critical path.
Ensure that requirements are contained within defined scope.
Perform risk management planning, risk identification and mitigation.
Manage customer and external supplier deliverables.
Develop communication strategies and lead communications with key stakeholders.
Document and drive issues through resolution, escalating to customer, supplier and IT management as necessary.
Involves working in a highly matrix organization spanning domestic and international locations.
Perform vendor management and contract negotiations and reviews.
Involves complex process and organizational change management.
Focus is primarily on large scale Oracle projects (ERP Implementations) in a matrixed international environment with senior leadership being the primary stakeholders.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 10 years’ Project Management experience.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of 50 miles from either Beachwood, OH or Moon Township, PA will be considered.
- Master’s Degree
- PMP certificate
- Prior management experience successfully leading Oracle ERP system implementations, preferably in large, multi-national organizations.
- Experience leading large ERP Implementation cutover and deployment required.
- Advanced to SME understanding of some of Eaton or prior company key application(s) and/or IT Infrastructure.
- Advanced to SME understanding of integration and impact points of involved systems globally for a division or function.
- Intermediate technical knowledge and solid understanding of computer hardware and software, data management, application programming, data communications, operating systems, utilities and data security.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time