New Product Development Engineer
- You will develop product design and product definition data (bills of materials, drawings, specifications) related to control systems and electronics products to meet schedule, cost and quality targets.
- You will perform engineering analysis and digital simulation leveraging advanced tools (CAD, FEA, statistical analysis, software applications, electrical analysis tools, etc…).
- You will design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) on individual parts, subassemblies with the ability to propose alternate materials and methods of assembly and manufacture.
- You will apply robust prototyping methodology with detailed analysis testing to refine and finalize design concepts.
- You will support production and Product Engineering team during the introduction of new products.
- You will apply relevant industry standards to product design, including development and execution of functional and reliability test plans.
- You will collaborate with global suppliers and Supplier Quality Engineers to define and conduct supplier assessments, capability analysis, and part approvals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Design experience with PCBA design and electrical embedded controls systems
- Strong analytical aptitude to troubleshoot Analog & Digital designs at the component level
- Developing skills in Engineering analysis and digital simulation (CAD, FEA, statistical analysis, software applications, electrical analysis tools, etc.)
- Developing knowledge in product design, DFM/DFA, and manufacturing.
- Developing skills with PCB development tools
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer and data analysis skills. Proficient using Microsoft Office software
- Problem solving experience using Root Cause Analysis techniques.
- Product design, DFMA, and manufacturing knowledge.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time