Facilities Maintenance Technician
- You will perform repairs on building and grounds equipment in all areas of the facility including high elevations, confined spaces, manholes, pump sump pits.
- You will perform duties frequently being exposed to outdoor weather conditions that may vary from extreme heat to extreme cold.
- You will perform carpentry work utilizing table saws, circular saws, miter saws, routers.
- You will perform carpentry projects including wall framing, drywall installation, and door installation.
- You will perform routine maintenance working from tall ladders, scissor lifts.
- You will perform routine maintenance including cleaning, painting, replacement of mechanical components as necessary to maintain building and support equipment.
- You will build and assemble items that are related to production such as general workbenches, buggies, and carts.
- You will be responsible for the moving of equipment and office related items such as machines, office furniture, and modular furniture.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 2 years prior work experience in an industrial, military or other facilities maintenance environment.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation benefits are being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Eaton’s Jackson, MS facility will be considered for this position
- Prior work experience or vocational training in plumbing and welding
- Carpentry, painting and general building maintenance experience
- First Responder certification
- Familiarity with fire safety systems
- Valid driver’s license required
- Valid Class D Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
- Team player attitude demonstrated in boss and peer relationships
- Strong work ethic demonstrated through action orientation and a drive to achieve results
- Experience operating general maintenance equipment and tools including, but not limited to: forklifts, power tools, & scissor lifts
- Required to have necessary hand tools
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures
- Concern for job safety
- Prior experience using computers
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No