Senior Field Service Representative
Eaton’s Electrical Systems & Services Group is currently seeking a Senior Field Service Representative to join our team! This position is based at our Edmonton, AB facility.
The Senior Field Service Representative is responsible for provide field service engineering and technical assistance to customers in areas of installation, start-up, maintenance , repair, training and modification on power transmission, distribution and generation equipment and systems. In this role, you will provide field service engineering, technical assistance, scheduling and sales support direction to Field Service Representatives and customers in areas of installation, testing, start-up, maintenance, repair, training and modification of electrical power distribution equipment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be responsible to self-manage assigned projects for electrical equipment; knowledge of electrical test and diagnostic equipment.
- You will deliver technical solutions to customers.
- You will performs less conventional complex engineering assignments that may involve equipment or product design, testing of materials, process studies, or research investigations.
- You will mentor less experienced technicians and provide technical training.
- You will perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, as well as Safety and Environmental standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Red Seal Journeyman Electrician or post-secondary degree/diploma in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of experience evaluating and servicing electrical distribution or control systems.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 80 km radius of the Edmonton, AB facility will be considered.
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, evaluating, and servicing electrical distribution and control systems.
- Experience in performing power quality measurements, troubleshooting, and analysis.
- Experience in protective relays.
- Candidates must have a valid Canadian passport as they need to travel to the US for training.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time