Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Material Manager to join our team.
This position is based at our Airdrie, Canada manufacturing plant.
This position directs and controls the movement of material in and out of the Airdrie manufacturing plant and manages key materials-related functions such as: purchasing, material planning, inventory control, shipping, receiving, customer service, and warehousing. Primarily responsible for supporting the LVCA Manufacturing Operation, the Materials Manager is also responsible for maximizing service levels to a number of internal & external customers, including (but not limited to) Perth, Satellites, and Milton. This position directly manages the Materials Department and Warehouse Coordinator, and directly manages the Warehouse employees.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage materials, purchasing & logistics function: responsible for plant requirements related to world-class materials processes, systems, and execution. Including, but not limited to: logistics, internal plant materials flow, ERP materials systems, pull-systems, shipping, receiving, materials planning, and consignment management.
- You will manage, direct, develop & guide associates in developing materials skills
- You will maximize team performance through training, development and hiring/promotion of talents
- You will manage strategic planning process related to materials activities. Initiate & implement process improvement activities to meet business goals (scheduling levels, lean value chains, logistics)
- You will manage ERP materials systems (e.g. Oracle) and pull-systems
- You will uphold the demand planning & production scheduling processes integrated with Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning processes (SIOP)
- You will manage production scheduling based on customer demand. Manage scheduling and releases to internal operations & suppliers to ensure superior supplier delivery performance while minimizing freight costs & inventory investment
- You will maintain clear and effective communication with our customers in order to establish a partnership, avoiding logistics issues in order to guarantee Customer satisfaction (OTD)
- You will coordinate plant projects for new products, freight, distribution services, packaging, transportation, and systems enhancements.
- You will drive materials & logistics cost-out activities as representative for the plant
- You will implement Lean manufacturing & CIF at a dept. level through the use of lean tools and philosophies.
- You will ensure that adequate measures and procedures are put into effect that protects the health and safety of workers (i.e. lockout, confined space entry) following acceptable industry practices (i.e. CSA) and applicable health and safety legislation.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- University degree in business, engineering or related discipline
- 3 years of experience in supply chain or materials management in a manufacturing environment.
- 3 years of experience in a people management role
- Experience with ERP systems
- APICS and Six Sigma Green Belt Certifications
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Program preferred.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing tools, pull systems (KanBan and Min-Max).
- Knowledge of warehouse systems
- Knowledge of computers and software applications including MRP
- Experience managing a mixture of office and production employees
- Experience with SAP or Oracle
Position Success Criteria:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory and problem-solving ability.
- Knowledge of material requirements planning, processes, logistics and a make-to-order inventory system.
- Understanding of Transportation Management and Distribution.
- Manufacturing & Quality Control processes/procedures.
- Highly effective leadership abilities.
- Good understanding of safety requirements.
- Adaptable to changing environment.
- Results Driven; Data-based decision making
- Ability to develop and motivate others
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time