Lead Test Engineer
Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Lead Test Engineer to join our team! This position is based at our Franksville, WI facility.
As a key member of the Eaton Testing Center of Excellence team, works closely with product development staff on product testing direction, supports design direction, and assures design robustness through compliance to required standards. A key responsibility for this position is to guide the technical direction and execute tests at the Franksville, WI electrical labs. The position is also responsible for the establishment and continuous improvement of testing capabilities and processes while maintaining/improving lab safety. This position also supports Eaton testing strategy by proposing centralized capability opportunities, recommending state-of-the-art equipment, and identifying means of increasing the lab’s overall value to Eaton.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work closely with product development staff and advises on product design direction. Assures design robustness through compliance to required standards.
- You will contribute to Eaton testing strategy by identifying/championing centralized capability opportunities, justifying state-of-the-art equipment, and increasing the overall value to Eaton.
- You will assess, approve, and implement testing approach and equipment set-up.
- You will conduct ‘hands-on’ testing of electrical tests of varying complexity.
- You will mentor lab technicians and design engineers on best testing practices, allowing for both personal and organizational development.
- You will perform both standardized and unique tests on electrical power distribution apparatus involving high voltage, high power, and thermal testing. Execute planned project activities as well as adjust for unplanned circumstances.
- You will review test methods required by standards and develops procedures as needed to provide repeatable test practices. Incorporate changes to improve quality, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- You will design and set up test circuits including test instrumentation and controls. Execution involves running the test, collecting test data, evaluating results, and writing reports.
- You will participate with Power Test Lab (PTL) management to ensure compliance with IEC/ISO 17025 and A2LA certification requirements. Maintains and improves both PTL and site safety.
- You will lead assigned site safety initiatives (MESH) as a MESH Champion for both lab-related and general elements.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in electrical testing and/or design of electrical products.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Professional Engineering license
- 5 years’ experience in electrical testing and/or design of medium or high voltage electrical products
- Experience in developing electrical test systems (AC/DC, impulse, power/short-circuit, thermal, etc.)
- Experience working within quality management systems
- Experience with lab automation software and electrical system modeling desirable
- Six-sigma trained to support measurement uncertainty assessment
- Strong competency in verbal/written skills.
- Knowledge in the application of medium voltage electrical distribution equipment
- Familiarity and practice with dielectric testing requirements of IEEE 4 and IEC 60060-1/-2
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Share Point, One Note; experience with lab automation software and electrical system modeling desirable
- Willing to travel 20% interplant within SE Wisconsin facilities. Travel < 10% out of state.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time