The Systems Quality Engineer will be responsible for supporting new product development using the PRO Launch System Quality tools as well as tracking and driving existing product quality initiatives.
To support new product development, the Systems Quality Engineer will have a hands on role contributing to DFMEA, PFMEA, and a wide variety of design verification, system validation, production capability and process control activities. The position will be responsible for developing and deploying quality assurance procedures and systems, leading new product development teams, auditing manufacturing processes to ensure compliance, and resolving manufacturing/supplier quality-related issues.
This person will play a critical role in ensuring Eaton delivers a high quality product, using rigorous validation testing in one of Eaton’s fastest growing business segments.
- 5-10 years broad, hardware, firmware and system engineering experience
- 3-5 years in senior quality role with knowledge of Quality systems and system best practices
- 1-3 years manufacturing engineering experience & proven track record of successfully delivered solutions
- Full understanding of PPAP & statistical data analysis leading to data based decision making
Background in hands-on, system development; including requirements, design, coding, debugging and test.
- Excellent leadership, teambuilding, organizational transformation and collaboration skills
- Superior ability to align solutions with business objectives using sound judgment
- Experience with supplier quality management
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- BS in engineering or related, Masters preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time