Senior Financial Analyst
Eaton Corporation’s Power Reliability Division has an opening within our Electrical Systems and Services Group for a Senior Financial Analyst located in Greenwood, SC.
Position Overview :
The Senior Financial Analyst will plan and perform senior professional accounting functions in all areas of general accounting for Capacitor and Network Protector product lines. Products include units, racks, banks, switches and metal enclosures. Initiate and oversee functions for reports, financial statements, and account analysis. Prepare various reports for Division and the government as required. Assist in meeting internal control/SOX requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- Assist in the coordination and planning of the general accounting function in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and company policies for accurate and complete financial statement reporting for non-inventory related accounts with an emphasis on labor and fixed assets.
- Responsible for the establishment, monitoring and enforcement of non-inventory control procedures including SOD and SOX compliance.
- Responsible for financial reporting including but not limited to headcount, labor productivity, and other plant metrics. Interface and coordinate weekly reporting with applicable managers/supervisors for reporting of hours for both full-time and contract employees.
- Assist in formulation and institution of procedures for the physical inventories of fixed assets in accordance with company policy: oversees actual inventory, verifies the count and valuation, and reconciles and analyzes the results.
- Assist in the month-end close with an emphasis on non-inventory related accounts (i.e. labor, etc.) including journal entry preparation and account analysis.
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations for non-inventory related balance sheet accounts.
- Serves as financial business partner to budget owners in monthly forecasting, financial reporting & analysis, and annual development of detailed department budgets. Emphasis on labor, general expenses and fixed assets.
- Prepare reports and analysis for management and the government as required.
- Responsible for monitoring and enforcement of purchase card procedures for the plant.
- Interface and coordinate other business tasks with the Senior Accountant and Division as necessary including audits (internal and external).
- Assist with the recommendation, development, and implementation of process improvements in support of department goals.
- Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration from an accredited university.
- Minimum three years of manufacturing accounting experience.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s in Business Administration degree from an accredited university.
- SAP experience.
- CPA or CMA certification.
- Must have a working knowledge of ERP systems and Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Must be able to express ideas and concepts in a clear and concise manner, verbally as well as written.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time