Senior Front End / UI Developer
Eaton’s Center for Connected Intelligent Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Front End/UI Developer to join our team! This position is based at our Moon Township, PA facility.
This position will be responsible for building and supporting the Eaton design system and development platform to drive consistency across the enterprise. This includes building reusable code examples, components, libraries, and providing technical support for development teams around the world.
Be part of a team charged with delivering state-of-the-art, user-centered design across a Fortune 500 company.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will identify opportunities to expand and improve the Eaton design/development platform
- You will build representative code examples in Angular and React showcasing best practices for implementing the Eaton design system
- You will verify and ensure code quality through automated testing
- You will maintain a library of reusable packages/materials distributed through GitHub/npm
- You will maintain comprehensive documentation for the development platform
- You will provide technical assistance and recommendations to development teams in their efforts to implement the Eaton design/development system in various products
- You will research industry trends and stay up-to-date with new technologies and advancements
- You will coordinate with other internal platform teams (e.g. Cloud, embedded) to identify opportunities for collaboration and alignment
- You will share expertise and mentor junior team members through pair programming, code reviews, etc.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a UI, Mobile or Front-End Developer
- Experience with a source/version control system (e.g. Git)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Moon Township, PA facility will be considered.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science from an accredited institution
- 5+ years’ experience as a UI, Mobile or Front-End Developer on interactive projects
- Experience developing mobile/hybrid applications (NativeScript, React Native, Cordova)
- Experience with Material component libraries (e.g. Angular Material, Material-UI)
- Experience with build tools (e.g. webpack, babel, gulp) and continuous integration/deployment
- Experience with test-driven development and writing Unit Tests
- Experience working on a distributed team
- Experience using npm and Artifactory for software distribution
- Experience using Azure as a cloud platform
- Experience with testing tools (e.g. Mocha, Karma, Jest)
- Candidate must have strong understanding of UI, adaptive/responsive design and current web standards.
- Candidate should strive to be up to date on the latest industry trends to anticipate future growth opportunities and needs
- Fluency in information architecture, user interface development, and interaction design principles.
- Understands “pixel-perfect” execution and strives for it
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills
- This is a hands-on position and the successful candidate will have responsibility for supporting product teams, design adopters and contractors with user interface development. Examples of past work including functional code samples and finished User Interfaces
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Significant experience in designing for usability
- Familiarity with web and mobile technologies and their impacts on the feasibility of design solutions
- Online Portfolio/Code Samples to provide for review
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time