Lead Engineer-Motor Design-FMC
Job Title: Lead Engineer-Motor Design-FMC #061946
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Lead Engineer-Motor Design-FMC within Aerospace SWEC team, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of EIIC-Eaton India Innovation Center within Aerospace SWEC team
Your essential responsibilities:
· He/ she will be responsible to perform the design and development electrical motors conforming to required standards and to customer specific requirements for Aerospace hydraulic systems, fuel systems, actuation systems and motion control applications. In depth experience in the Magnetics and Mechanical design of Brushless DC motor and electromechanical solenoid design is a primary requirement. Knowledge of Brushed DC Motor and AC Induction motor design is highly desirable. The candidate will be required to design motors from requirements provided by the Mechanical group, Electronics group and customer specification. Also, he/she will support manufacturing functions during new production development and sustaining activities of existing products as subject matter expert.
· Typical products include electric motors & solenoids for a variety of commercial & military aerospace actuator system applications. This is a senior role within a small highly motivated technical team supporting the larger engineering and manufacturing department in this specialist discipline
· Provide tactical and strategic direction for complex projects in aerospace involving multiple components or subsystems for completeness and compatibility with organizational objectives and standards
· Lead multiple projects in motor and solenoids designs while working with global teams. Lead the design and development of the motors, its verification & validation strategy while working with global stakeholders, Aerospace product teams contributing to the material selection, design and implementation of world class, high-performance DO160/Mil compliant applications
· Lead efforts for devising concepts, creating drawing and performing detailed analysis with respect to requirements for motors and solenoids
· Incorporates design standards in new concepts. Evaluate, select, and adapt criteria, techniques, and procedures to solve problems.
· Practice of Design for reliability, Design for Manufacture and Design for Assembly are expected, leading to practical production designs in conjunction with other disciplines within the Engineering department.
· Produce analytical designs using recognized analysis tools (e.g. ANSYS RMxprt, Maxwell 2D & 3D), accurately and efficiently to scheduled timeline.
· Prepare and review engineering proposals, performance specifications, technical reports and papers.
· Support manufacturing with design related issues, concessions and Engineering Change Requests.
· Understand fully most of the manufacturing process of major components, in-process validation testing and final test processes to support all phases of new product development.
· Influence and drive people / activities on complex technical issues.
· Build Organizational capability assessment for the group. Champion and drive for the technology roadmap.
· Lead technical initiatives that is recognized across Eaton Corporation and outside of Eaton as an expert in their particular field; Developing University Relations for the region. Lead ERG/Technology Talk forums. Leading member of professional bodies like SAE, IEEE, leading activities or forums jointly with Eaton, Key note speaker for technology areas
· Drive Innovation : Patents or trade secrets
· Champion DFSS for the group
· Develop and nourish SME for the group and assist in recruitment and knowledge assessment
· Develop six sigma initiatives within the group to improve quality, speed of execution
· Creates, and sustains process for design standards and procedures governing product design verification and Validation methods and documents.
If you are:
• 10+ years’ experience in Years’ experience in electrical motor design & development, qualification & certification testing.
• Strong fundamentals in Electromagnetic principles governing electrical machine performance
• Should have experience in leading the project independently with team of 3-5 design engineers.
• Hands on motor design knowledge for brushless DC, Switched Reluctance, brushed applications, AC induction and dynamic braking mechanism
• Understanding of material selections and manufacturing processes in the area of electrical machines & wound components is essential.
• In depth understanding of Magnetic modeling tools (Lumped Parameter and Electromagnetic FE) for motor performance and solenoid simulation (e.g. ANSYS RMxprt & Maxwell 2D & 3D) is needed to undertake design tasks. Also, general knowledge of 3D solid modeling (e.g. Pro-E, CATIA), BLDC motor controller and typical aerospace feedback devices will be required to optimization assembly and system performance.
• Good hands-on with Electric-Thermal calculations & Multi-physics simulations
• Possess systematic problem solving know-how and methodology.
• Understanding of aerospace standards & electrical aircraft systems is desirable, but not essential.
• Good Knowledge of IEC, NEMA,DO-160, MIL, SAE standards and Certification processes
• Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Technical documentation and Requirement management Knowledge and awareness of product design life-cycle process (e.g. CMMI) and configuration management.
• Experience with motor, drive and load integration at product and system level
• Technical documentation and requirement management knowledge and awareness of life-cycle process (e.g. CMMI, AS9100 D) and configuration management.
• Strong knowledge of product development lifecycle from VoC to field installations
• Contribute to technical reviews, guide and mentor junior engineers
• Attitude of a self-starter; ability to operate with minimal supervision
• Certified DFSS GB or BB and championing the DFSS in group
• Excellent organizational & communication skills are vital as the role will require working on multiple projects simultaneously, mostly in a technical lead role and involve communicating across, upwards and downwards within the organization.
• The role will entail close working relationships with other functions within the Aerospace organization at various locations within the USA and UK
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• A high degree of aptitude, creativity, and self-direction is required
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time