Configuration Data Management Specialist
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is seeking a Configuration Data Management Specialist.
This position is located in Fort Worth, TX.
The Configuration Data Management Specialist is responsible for configuration data management with execution, leadership, and direction across the Aerospace Fluid and Motion Control (FMC) sites. The individual will be responsible for managing all changes in project documentation, coordination with customers, and evaluation of proposed changes. This position will be responsible for compliance to Eaton Aerospace Common Engineering Standards (ACES) and local Eaton Quality Management System AS9100 compliant design control documents. The position will coordinate across the Fuel & Motion Control Systems Division (FMC) sites to provide guidance, consistency, and procedures in support of the engineering functions. Additionally, this position will have direct responsibility for all configuration data management within the Hydraulics Systems Engineering team.
A successful candidate will need knowledge of Aerospace systems and components, be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, and engage in a wide variety and large number of projects. The candidate will be responsible for the creation and promotion of all Aerospace Common Engineering Standards (ACES) related to configuration data management.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide mentoring and subject matter expertise within FMC, in support of Configuration and Data Management (CDM) through the utilization of Eaton Aerospace processes and the Eaton Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool ENOVIA.
- You will provide CDM for all programs within the Hydraulics Systems Engineering team.
- You will prepare, review, and approve the documentation required to define and control engineering data across FMC sites both at the Aerospace and site levels. Support both external and internal customers as required.
- You will evaluate document change requests for relevance, correctness and impact to product and schedule. Implement document changes through CDM process. Coordinate electronic transmittal/sharing of program data per Program/Project requirements
- You will perform component/piece part engineering, including Engineering Build of Material (EBOM), analysis for new developed and sustained products.
- You will maintain records in the PLM tool, prepare metric reports, verify information, resolve problems and identify trends and isolate areas requiring further investigation. Root cause analysis.
- You will interface daily with various technical and site team leaders to exchange information and coordinate related task performance.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years related work experience in CDM.
- Minimum 5 years of system, product design, development, and/or production design problem resolution experience.
- Knowledge of Aerospace hydraulic systems and/or electrical actuation systems.
- Relocation is NOT approved for this position; candidates must reside within a 50 miles radius of Fort Worth, TX to be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- 5 years of CDM in aerospace
- Perform configuration management responsibilities for multiple sites within Aerospace FMC.
- Develop and implement ACES standards specific to configuration management.
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills working with a cross-functional team.
- Strong communication and collaboration with internal and external customers.
- High level of creativity and strategic thinking.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with a global footprint, effectively provide mentoring and get results through others.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to influence others through solid relationships and process focus.
- Ability to effectively communicate CDM processes to peers, management, and customers.
- Knowledge of industry Configuration/Data Management/Work Product Management principles, standards and processes, such as described in GEIA-859, Data Management Standard, MIL-STD-973 Configuration Management, and EIA-649 Configuration Management Standard.
- Experience with DOORS.
- Experience with Enovia.
- Ensure that customer requirements are implemented and reviews change accounting activity to ensure compliance with CDM policies to include CDM planning, identification, change control, audits and status accounting.
- Create, review, evaluate, refine, release and maintain Configuration Management Plans (CMPs) in support of program requirements.
- Provide recommendations and guidance for the identification of Configuration Items (CI). Monitor execution across all programs
- Provide CDM technical support to all internal departments, suppliers, and customers as it relates to the product.
- Prepares reports of engineering changes and their applicable status to program management.
- Provide guidance and expertise in the establishment, monitoring and maintenance of configuration baselines across all programs.
- Perform, evaluate and refine Configuration Status Accounting Reports (CSAR) activities. Recommendation and implementation improvements.
- Perform, evaluate and refine Configuration Control Board (CCB) activities to include capturing minutes and action items, tracking action items to closure, and distributing change notifications to program team members.
- Provide Subject matter expertise on all areas of CDM.
- Lead engineering integration efforts with ProPM. Collaborate with program management and other functional teams within FMC.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time