Eaton’s eMobility division is currently seeking a Project Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Tualatin, Oregon facility.
At Eaton, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment with power management technologies that are innovative, efficient, reliable and safe. Making power management work takes the passion and creativity of all of our employees around the world. This passion inspired the creation of the new Eaton eMobility segment, combining our deep expertise in vehicle and electric power to deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles, helping to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world.
The Project Manager is responsible for the successful execution of the NPD projects and there budget allocation. Lead the Integrated Project Team(s) to drive customer satisfaction, maintain project’s Key Performance Indices (KPIs) of Financial performance, schedule attainment and resource utilization.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage the Lifecycle of the NPD and VAVE projects. Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for every project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- You will provide the leadership across the Project. Establishes objectives and goals and provides direction to the project teams in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment.
- You will ensure standard program management processes are utilized and adequate support to the project team by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
- You will manage effective customer communications. Improve organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Communication and manage customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
- You will maintain metrics for projects for quality, technical performance and delivery through all of the PROLaunch phases.
- You will coordinate all risks and requirements of the project. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, integrating all project activities and deliverables and measuring all elements to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved.
- You will provide periodic project updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional levels.
- You will maintain Project Schedule in MS Project or other Scheduling tool and will maintain and update PROLaunch activity Matrix throughout project life cycles.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 1 year project management experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation. Candidate must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Tualatin, Oregon facility.
- Experience in transportation New Product Development (NPD) programs preferred
- Fully demonstrating to proficient in Project Management methodologies, processes and tools
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP) recommended
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and customer
- Experience in Risk Management
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Ability to travel up to 10%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time