Quality Systems Manager
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Quality Systems Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
The Quality Systems Manager is responsible for ensuring the Quality of Eaton’s products through the development and enforcement of Quality Systems and manufacturing processes while ensuring a continuous improvement atmosphere. In this role, you will provide direction and supervision to personnel in the functions responsible for Quality Leading Indicators (QLI), Supplier Quality oversight, Quality calibration, audits, special processes while assisting HPWTs. Develop robust tracking, evaluation and structured corrective action activities.
You will develop and mentor employees on subjects relating to Quality Systems across a broad spectrum of manufacturing, auditing and processing activities. You will ensure fidelity of Quality systems tools, Supplier Quality interaction, reporting, techniques, inspection equipment and processes as appropriate. You will lead continuous improvement effort to focus on taking operations to next level.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will act as a primary organizational contact for Quality Leading Indicators (QLI) execution and ensure appropriate actions are deployed to ensure success of the program.
- You will lead, mentor and direct work for 6-8 direct reports.
- You will coordinate, direct and prioritize Supplier Quality, Quality calibration, audits, and special processes activities to ensure that leading priorities are focused on key objectives of Quality, compliance, cost, and delivery.
- You will lead Quality team to ensure continuous improvement activity is at the forefront.
- You will identify the training/mentoring/development needs of the team and ensure those needs are addressed.
- You will develop, set and achieve goals associated with the Quality Systems team that are aligned with the Quality Department and Beltsville Plant.
- You will communicate Quality Systems issues to front line leaders site personnel and assist them in root cause and sustainable corrective action.
- You will deploy Eaton Business System tools, where appropriate or required, to improve Quality Management System effectiveness..
- You will ensure organizational readiness for customer and other third party assessments related to the product or process. Hosts Customer and Third Party Auditors as needed.
- You will coordinates Supplier Quality activities both interdivisional and within supplier QMS.
- You will manage customer portal content and customer scorecards, relating to Beltsville products, to ensure actions are being completed and customer requirements are being met or exceeded.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
Minimum three (3) years’ experience working in a manufacturing or quality environment
Minimum two (2) years of experience managing/leading people or participant in LDP program
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Graduate degree from an accredited institution
Minimum three (3) years’ experience managing people
Minimum five (5) years’ experience working in a quality systems function
Six Sigma Greenbelt or Black belt Certification
Position Success Criteria:
Read and understand Blue Prints, Specifications, and Requirements
Quality System Knowledge (e.g. AS9100, ISO 9001, TS16949)
- ASQ CQE or CMQOE is preferred
Significant proficiency in MS Office software and Quality software is required
Opportunity to gain exposure to and work with many cross functional teams
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time