Eaton’s Vehicle Group has an opening for a:
S&OP and Inventory Specialist VG EMEA
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
The candidate will be responsible for leading Sales Inventory & Operational Planning process (SIOP 5 steps) for VG EMEA businesses (Data gathering, Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Integration, Executive SIOP). In addition to that, the candidate will validate, submit and deploy Sales Forecast 12 months for VG EMEA with actions for improvement.
The S&OP and Inventory Specialist will define and deploy Inventory Targets by providing to VG EMEA Plants the guidelines to achieve Inventory goals for the Region. Additional responsibilities include: provide inputs to Capacity Plan for VG EMEA for 12 months Rolling, drive discussion about Forecasted Sales Volumes and Current Sales, identify in advance Risk and Opportunity, propose scenarios/ what-if analysis in order to get Sales, Capacity and Inventory targets.
The candidate will be in charge of leading Projects, providing guidance on Tools development and improvement for Standardization, both at Plant and at Regional Level.
Your key deliverables :
• Assure Data Gathering process from VG EMEA Plants and Customer Service (EDIs, future demands, Customer requirements, Sales, inventory, past dues, open orders, etc..) and support demand planning to build sales forecast baseline for next rolling 12 months.
• Lead meetings with VG EMEA Plants, Demand planning team and Sales to review customer requests, forecast assumptions and market intelligence. Get feedback from Plants, Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, and Finance and build an unconstrained Demand Plan through consolidation of SIOP inputs.
• Coordinates Supply Planning: validate Rough Cut Internal and Supplier Capacity Plan; define Inventory forecast with actions to improve and meet DOH targets, drive actions identified for capacity and inventory constraints, involving Plant managers, Operations VP, SCM, Sales and Financial Directors.
• Lead Integration process: create a final realistic Sales, Inventory and Capacity Plan for rolling 12 months, developing gap-closing actions vs prior SIOP cycle and Profit Plan.
• Drive discussion on 12 months Demand, Capacity and Inventory. Get leadership’s inputs on critical action items and open issues. Discuss and provide alignments on open points.
• Reports and discuss all Materials Management KPIs, discuss actions to close gaps, gets definitive Executive approval for Demand, Capacity, Inventory Plans for the VG EMEA region 12 months.
• Guarantee Reconciliation with Finance to agreed Rolling forecast and to Profit Plan for the Region
• Track and review on weekly basis SIOP key developments and variances to the forecast, driving identification and solutions to the major issues that may put at risk agreed targets.
• Lead projects focused on getting Standardization and Process optimization of Demand, Inventory, Internal and Supplier’s Capacity for the Region. Provide directions which tools have to be utilized to get Materials Excellence and Continuous Improvement, both at Regional and at Plant level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, SCM, Logistics, Business or related field
- Minimum of 8 years’ recent and proven experience within a Logistic environment and/or Materials Functions.
- Fluent in English
- Excellent ability in building relationships at all levels. Must be able to effectively work in a matrix organization.
- APICS / CPIM certification preferred
- Commercial sensitivity, business acumen and judgment skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in particular strong ability to effectively communicate with Top Managers
- Strong customer orientation
- An ability to think ahead and plan over a multi-year time span.
- Excellent planning, organizing and prioritizing
- Excellent decision making / problem solving capabilities
- Ability to use own initiative
- Root Cause problem solving analysis at both a strategic and functional level.
- Eaton Leadership competencies
- Inter-functions interaction in a highly demanding environment
- Proven agility skills to interact inside multicultural organizations and cross-functional teams
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
• Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time