Demand Planner, SCM
Eaton’s Electrical System & Services Group is currently seeking a Demand Planner to join our team.
This position is based at our Perth, Ontario Distribution Center.
This position is responsible for developing, analyzing, establishing, and executing the SIOP plan. The incumbent will then execute the plan by communicating the procurement requirements to our vendors. This individual will also maintain an acceptable level of inventory by SKU to support the marketing forecast and Fill Rate service level targets, in conjunction with the businesses inventory investment targets.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will incorporate the Marketing forecast into the Forecast/Procurement/Capacity plan.
- You will maintain and adjust Planning Bills, Min/Max, Forecasts, Safety Stock to achieve targeted service levels.
- You will communicate 30-60-90 day procurement plan to vendors and follow up with vendors on a weekly basis.
- You will communicate and monitor the procurement/capacity schedule for your assigned products and communicate supply and/or capacity concerns.
- You will provide actual shipment details within Forecast/Production Plan to compare forecast accuracy.
- You will manage inventory in relation to Fill Rate levels and inventory targets.
- You will review of monthly inventory levels data, including materials requirements planning information to establish stocking policies.
- You will review slow moving inventories and take appropriate actions with Marketing and Finance to reduce inventory levels for identified SKU’s.
- You will coordinate with Quality and the supplier on Non-Conforming material for timely disposition.
- You will communicate with NAFSC (North American Financial Service Center) to clear on hold invoices within a timely manner to avoid supply interruptions or penalties. And to meet personal and divisional goals.
- You will develop inventory and procurement plan based on historical review, Marketing and Eaton location forecasts.
- You will communicate with Marketing on changes to stocking policies to ensure systems are in alignment.
- You will coordinate with EatonCare, Marketing and multiple plants, as appropriate, on supply related issues.
- You will create and maintain Planning Bills, Min/Max, Forecasts, UF2 targets, and Safety Stock Review
- You will ensure timely planning and execution of manufacturing and purchase orders to achieve fill rates and customer demand and fill rate goals.
- You will analyze Stock Fill Rate failures to develop and execute corrective actions.
- You will communicate material supply issues to plant locations, Customer Service and /or Marketing as appropriate.
- You will utilize various planning techniques (min/max. SS, planning bills etc.).
- You will utilize kanban processes to support material availability and reduce cycle time.
- You will review, maintain and approve purchasing and discrete workorder workbench.
- You will create and reschedule procurement orders for material to support stocking policies and fill rate goals.
- You will work with purchasing to communicate with suppliers on material quality, on-time deliveries & overall performance failures.
- You will engagement to support cost reduction projects such as premium freight and other improvement initiatives to achieve overall business goals.
- You will submit cost reduction ideas as appropriate.
- You will adopt Lean Manufacturing principles when appropriate.
- You will review and analyze purchase resale data on a quarterly basis for possible stocking opportunities.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- College Diploma from an accredited institution
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 80km of Perth, ON to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- University Degree specializing in Business, Supply Chain, or Manufacturing Management
- 2 or more years of supply chain/ planning experience preferred
- APICS-CPIM Certification preferred
- Advanced knowledge of purchasing techniques and supplier management with advanced computer skills especially in MS Office and database management.
- ERP experience (SAP, Oracle, etc.).
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Sound knowledge of products and systems purchasing and accounting policies.
- Strong problem solving expertise with excellent time management capabilities.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Strong data analysis and problem solving skills required
- Ability to learn multiple supportive systems to enhance planning and supplier management
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No