Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Logistics Assistant to join our team.
This position is based at our Euclid, Ohio facility.
The Euclid facility has approximately 400 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace Fuel Pumping components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets. The Logistics Assistant performs all necessary functions to support receipt and shipment of all materials.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will prepare, process, and distribute shipping documentation to support commercial, government, domestic and international shipments. Comply with all international and hazardous shipping regulations.
- You will maintain and follow customer provided routing guides, pack slip instruction page or determine mode of transportation based on Eaton/ATC routing instructions.
- You will consolidate freight, schedule carriers and maintain carrier systems.
- You will receive, unpack, verify and record all incoming materials, supplies, customer orders and equipment.
- You will review incoming documents and mark pertinent information to support system receipt. Perform system entry receipt and follow proper distribution of inspection reports, certification, source inspection card.
- You will match material move tickets to material receipts, consolidate and tag for movement.
- You will prepare incoming MRO receipts and generate appropriate work orders to support turnaround time.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma
- Proficient Computer Skills; MRP, Word, Excel
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation will be offered for this position. Only candidates who reside within a 50 mile radius of the Euclid, OH facility will be considered for this position.
- Shipping and receiving experience (Domestic/International)
- ERP experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Must have the ability to multi task and support extremely dynamic daily volumes. Able to react quickly and efficiently in a fast paced work environment
- Share personal responsibility to create and maintain a safe work environment to support Zero Incident Safety Culture.
- Ability to work daily and /or weekend overtime when needed
- Must be flexible in work hours to accommodate early and late deliveries/shipments.
- Must be extremely organized, flexible, self-starter, results oriented and a quick learner.
- Promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies and support continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
- Use and promote the principles of 5S to ensure a clean and organized work area
- Subject matter expertise on all areas of facilities and mechanical engineering disciplines.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No