Senior Accounting Analyst
Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking a Senior Accounting Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Galesburg facility.
The Senior Accounting Analyst is responsible for the general ledger daily activities and bookkeeping at Oracle financials which includes the interface with plants and Headquarters. Ensure appropriate controls are in place to meet all the requirements concerning accounting deliverables (i.e. managerial reports, reconciliations, etc). This level requires broad knowledge of accounting practices and principles including the preparation of risks and opportunities analysis at accounting standpoint to management.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will ensure accurate accounting and financial reporting to Division, within the established monthly close schedule;
- You will ensure full compliance with corporate policies and local regulations with implication upon accounting system including findings of audits (internal and external) and SOX reviews;
- You will support the decision making process at all levels by providing sound and reliable financial analysis;
- You will seek opportunities to improve robustness of internal control environment by revising controls in place or designing new ones to identify potential issues in upfront so financial risks are mitigated;
- You will work with local and foreign intercompany partners to ensure appropriate transactions bookkeeping and timely settlements (receivables and payments);
- You will review accounting processes and associated controls in place to improve overall performance (preparation time and accuracy);
- You will support weekly financial walks with key internal customers to understand the business scenario and address risks and opportunities concerning financials;
- You will perform monthly accounting reconciliation of financial statements (Balance Sheet and P&L) to ensure balances are properly substantiated and consistent with Eaton financial policies. This includes electronic audit evidence (EAE) and compliance with applicable thresholds.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum two (2) years of accounting and/or finance experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Galesburg, MI to be considered.
Position Success Criteria:
- Must be able to work on multiple requests at one time (time management skills).
- Strong business acumen, organizational skills, interpersonal and communication skills
- Deep knowledge of accounting principles (Statutory and USGAAP) and internal controls (SOX);
- Manufacturing experience
- Coast accounting experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time