Strategic Sourcing Manager
- Overall responsibility for the development and execution of the Cooper Lighting Supply Base - specific to PFGR, EMS, and Lighting Components on an international level with concentrated efforts in LC Asian based solutions
- Drive productivity for all products whether PFGR or supporting components. Specific cost productivity targets will be assigned each year and adjusted as prices fluctuate.
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop category strategies to achieve total value improvement, cost optimization, and overall supply base rationalization. Manage and drive year-over-year price improvements.
- Negotiate complex agreements with international suppliers. Contracts to maximize savings and service level, including performance clauses and all other terms and conditions.
- Develop category sourcing plans and lead resources in the identification of potential suppliers, requirements documentation, RFI and RFQs, bid and price analysis, negotiation with contract awards, and supplier performance management.
- Create strategic sourcing plan to ensure value is achieved through a systematic approach for specific categories of spend.
- Develop strong support relationships with functional leaders and key site operations personnel across global, regional and local businesses. Utilize negotiations and influencing skills as needed to gain support from across many levels of the organization.
- Communicate with all levels of the organization on performance to key metrics and project status as required.
- BS or BA from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Strategic Sourcing or Purchasing Management Experience is a plus
- Must be able to travel internationally up to 50% of the time
- Must be bilingual (both in written and verbal communication) in English and Mandarin.
- Experience with suppliers on an international scale and with a concentration specifically in Asia
- An advanced degree from an accredited institution.
Proven track record of successful implementation of annual cost savings through negotiation, supplier VAVE, product redesign and effective supplier development/resourcing efforts.
- Experience in a large cross-functional matrix organization with a high number of new product launches each year.
- Experience with procurement of components and purchased finished goods that require LED’s, Electronic Components, Power Supplies, Casting, Sheet Metal Work, and Plastic Manufactured Parts.
- Direct experience with SAP Procurement and Material Management Functions
- Work experience in a large international company that is specific to Electronics, Lighting, or Communication based product
- The ability to work independently and take on additional responsibilities
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within and influence cross-functional teams.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time