Eaton’s Aerospacial division is currently seeking a NPI SR Buyer to join our team. This position is based at our Tijuana’s Facilities.
The principle role of the Buyer is to provide direct support to the Sub-Contracts Program Management (SCPM) team, ensuring all supply chain tasks are reliably performed in respect of New Business Proposals and New Product Introduction (NPI) .
The Supply Chain Buyer will operate within the SST, Pune Supply Chain organization and will focus on providing a comprehensive supply support service to multiple FMC sites globally. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world.
We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
1. RFI / RFQ Management – Request RFI or RFQ’s to suppliers, and depth analysis of RFQ’s, preparation of Sourcing Work Books and recommendation to SCPM / plants on the preferred solutions.
2. Negotiation – Should have experience in negotiation with suppliers as it relates to PO placement and PO management.
3. PO Management – Placement, expediting, de-expediting and cancel as well as past due and PO acknowledgement. PO status reporting.
4. Requisition to PO Creation – Discrete PO order placement and PO justification as per government and internal controls.
5. Invoice on Hold – Able to understand the issues of Invoices on hold and the resolution ensuring the payment is done.
6. Supplier Management – Worked on supplier addition / modification in the system.
7. Report Management – Should have good experience on different report generation and analysis for these reports.
8. Pricing Proposals – Ability to gather pertinent price data from system, understand price changes, FFP, Estimates, Pricing Escalations, and able to provide data to pricing dept. and sales to ensure that we have made our best estimation before submitting proposals to management and customers and to report percentages that may be lock in on LTA, S/S, New updated quotes, and FFP.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• 3 to 7 yrs. Supply Chain experience
• Bilingual English/ Spanish
• Good communication skills
• Knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic.
• Experience in New Production Introduction
• Project transfer experience desirable
• Detailed understanding of SIOP process
• Strong Leadership as well as Good communication skills
• Experience in supplier development preferred
• Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
• Aerospace experience preferred
• Computer skills required
• Lean and sig sigma Knowledge preferred
• ISM CSMP or APICS CSCP preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Latin America
Organization: AER HQ SLS
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time