Lead Financial Analyst
Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Lead Financial Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Galesburg, MI facility.
The Lead Financial Analyst is responsible for managing the activities of the commercial finance function for multiple product lines and overall support for the NAFTA region within Vehicle Group. These responsibilities include driving pricing of products, product mix management, internal and external reporting, forecasting and planning (for the region, programs and product lines), global special projects and compliance with all applicable financial reporting requirements (Sarbanes-Oxley, GAAP, etc.).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support the OEM Sales Group in long term agreement Analysis and ad hoc queries.
- You will review various aspects of customer relationships including, but not limited to rebates, material recovery, logistics credits. Timely responses and relationship leveraging is a crucial component to fulfilling this aspect of the job.
- You will collaborate with the Commercial Controller and Product Line VP in developing and reviewing pricing scenarios for all regions of the world. You will prepare product line reporting by product and by customer on a monthly basis to the manufacturing profit level.
- You will develop a cost of goods sold model for respective product lines to calibrate and validate plant financial assumptions and supporting profit and strategic planning process.
- You will interface with Supply Chain group to improve reporting of steel surcharges as well as acting as the department lead on ISiOP process including information flow to the NAFTA plants for forecast, profit plan and strategic plan.
- You will work with Warranty and VDI departments to give plants timely information for forecast, profit plan and strategic plan while being involved in quarterly SOX analysis for VDI and rebate accounts including explanations to the senior management and external auditors as needed.
- You will provide examination of commercial activities on a monthly basis including mix and price analysis.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of Accounting or Finance experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Prior cost accounting/manufacturing industry experience is preferred.
- Strong ability to complete financial reporting is strong preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and concepts.
- Ability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operations analyses/reports.
- General knowledge of all functional areas supported of Supply Chain, Credit and Sales and Marketing.
- An understanding of the tools currently available on the market which can improve efficiency in all areas of the organization. These include EBE, IT hardware and software; Total Quality Management, Finance best practices, Balance Scorecard, Materials Management Techniques; Purchasing systems, manufacturing technology, etc.
- Working knowledge and understanding of major components of Oracle Financial applications.
- Understanding of Encore, Eaton cost out database and Oracle database financial applications, Oracle manufacturing applications, and proprietary databases (Access, etc.) used to populate same and related linkages.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time