2nd Shift Production Supervisor
Eaton’s Power Distribution Control division has an opening for a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor. The position is located at our Wilsonville, OR location.
The production supervisor is responsible for managing and directing designated assembly operations to produce and ship product representing $15-$25M in annual sales, at a minimum cost, in accordance with Engineering design specifications, quality standards, customer service goals and profitability.
This position will manage schedules to ensure the most effective use of personnel, materials, equipment, and other company resources within assigned functional areas, within or below defined operational costs. They will function in the front-line leadership capacity for 10 to 20 direct reports.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will ensure that production demands are met by all departments; this includes leading the Manufacturing Technicians, Product Line Coordinators and support functions (materials, Engineering, OpEx, etc.) to deliver a quality, on-time product.
- You will establish new and update standard works, review and standardize processes, and perform daily tier meetings, review daily goals, interrupters, and metrics.
- You will perform continuous process checks and optimize the functions of one’s department to effectively meet customer needs while minimizing costs utilizing Lean tools (VSM, error-proofing, standard work, etc.).
- You will meet with Engineers and key Manufacturing Technicians to review engineering drawings prior to production release and provide final quality check on completed build prior to shipment
- You will maintain daily statistics on customer demand, production, and overdue orders. Communicate production metrics to management and other functional supervisors and maintain active communications between all levels of plant personnel.
- You will serve as a central point of contact for management and sales in regards to production issues and shipping schedules in one’s functional area
- You will motivate and develop one’s workforce as to optimize successful employees and ensure strong employee performance. Lead in the coaching and counseling activities surrounding one’s employees while simultaneously administering and maintaining Eaton Corporation policies and plant policies. Explain the necessities of new policies, technologies and processes as they are implemented.
- You will evaluate workload requirements to ensure proper and adequate manning to support production requirements. Delegate tasks and responsibilities accordingly as governed by customer demand.
- You will Investigate and solve quality issues and/or serve as a point of contact through which quality issues can be resolved. Ensure that employees know the importance of quality and enforces follow-through.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
• Minimum 1 years’ experience in manufacturing/operations
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
• Relocation is offered within hiring country only.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical)
• Minimum 1 year experience in a manufacturing management/supervisory role
• Strong Eaton Electrical product knowledge
• Knowledge of Eaton applications (Bid Manager, POM, AS400, Vista)
• Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing principles
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only