Eaton’s Electrical Product Group is seeking an Accounting Manager for its Residential Wiring Devices division. The Accounting Manage position will be located at its Lincoln, IL facility.
Position Overview :
The Accounting Manager supervises the daily activities of the accounting department in accordance with plant, division and corporate guidelines and procedures. The incumbent will provide analysis of plant operations reflective of changes in the changing manufacturing environment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- Appraise employee performance and administers salaries. Develops employees through training and motivation.
- Effectively manage the payroll clerk, financial analyst, and FLDP of the accounting department.
- Assists the plant controller in the hiring, training and development of plant accounting personnel.
- Interpret financial information for all levels of the organization.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are correctly stated and supported by appropriate documentation.
- Be responsible for the analysis of customer incentive programs.
- Assume the financial analyst and plant controller’s responsibilities in his/her absence.
- Prepare monthly rolling forecast in conjunction with division guidelines.
- Establish and maintains internal controls to comply with corporate requirements.
- Perform periodic evaluation of plant systems for conformance to division and corporate guidelines.
- Work closely with other managers in matters of special analyses and projects.
- Administer departmental budgets and evaluates performance as required to meet plant, division, and corporate objectives.
- Serve as contact for all Accounts Payable/FSC issues including check requests and payments.
- Active role in assisting controller in the annual profit plan
- Report daily sales and analyzed discrepancies to report to management
- Serve as the lead contact for internal and external audits as well as internal compliance reviews.
- Supervise the capital spending and asset capitalization process performed by the FLDP.
- Complete other projects as assigned.
- Adhere to all facility safety guidelines and identifies potential hazards to reduce or eliminate them.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness in work area and supports all procedures set forth to assure product and process quality and plant manufacturing principles.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in financial/general accounting.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Master’s degree in Business or related field preferred
- In-depth knowledge of corporate policies and procedures is required.
- In-depth knowledge of ORACLE, Vista, MAPICS, Encore and all other appropriate corporate systems.
- A strong working knowledge of key corporate measures is required.
- Incumbent must possess strong managerial and interpersonal skills enabling him/her to deal with multiple “high priority” duties.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Excel and strong PC skills.
- Large company/large site experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a manager of people.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time