Supply Chain Project Lead EMEA
Eaton Hydraulic Division has an opening for:
Supply Chain Project Lead EMEA
Location: Hungary - Budapest
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
This individual contributor role provides coordination and leadership covering the development, deployment and management of programs and action plans to drive SCM cost out programs in Direct Materials, in collaboration with engineering, manufacturing and procurement organizations and in partnership with Eaton strategic and preferred suppliers in the EMEA region.
Your key deliverables :
- Develop, align and deploy effective SCM Programs across Hydraulics EMEA with accountability to positively impact associated annual supply spend – delivering annual value in terms of cost out, performance and process improvement.
- Leverage spend and optimize supply chain processes in order to achieve year over year cost out requirements and performance improvement / complexity reduction throughout the supply chain
- Drive project plans and implementation of key process improvements through kaizen activities and/or project management skills including organizational change management, communications management, change management, critical path and risk management.
- Drive accountability from respective Engineer, Commodity lead, Supplier Development, Operations and Materials planner, consistent with SCM and Commodity strategies, in compliance with SCM policies and procedures.
- Facilitate and generate savings ideas into a cost out pipeline, translate ideas into projects, actions plans and ownership.
- Actively participate to the EMEA Procurement Council for Hydraulics by providing inputs in the development, improvement, implementation and enforcement of Supply Chain initiatives.
- Promotes, educates and instills a culture of continuous improvement principles and project management processes.
- Supplier Performance Improvement
- Supplier Capacity – Develop and standardize a process for managing supplier capacity
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on supply chain optimization projects – than please apply.
- Supply chain management, engineering and/or business degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with significant direct experience in managing projects and programs in the field of supply chain management, manufacturing and/or engineering.
- Experience in leading Value Stream Mapping VSM workshops, waste identification, Lean implementation; Green Belt in Six Sigma or Project management certification preferable.
- Knowledge of cost drivers – Understanding of market conditions ; understands technical specifications, product performance requirements, supply chain and manufacturing processes, and end user expectations.
- Professional functional experiences in following areas: project and program management supported by a methodology and/or a certification, blueprint reading skills, process mapping and redesign, proficient computer application skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), understanding of key financial metrics, strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate to a diverse group of stakeholders including senior management, operations, engineering and supply chain management.
- Procurement management expertise
- Ability to lead teams, influence and manage across functions
- Experience working globally and dealing with multi-national and off-shore suppliers
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time