Assembly Test Technician
- You will work with production supervisor to identify required product test and validation requirements on the production floor. Setup and perform such testing as required including working in production assembly cells in a test capacity.
- You will identify any product failures and assist engineering in troubleshooting those failures
- You will implement corrective actions in test methods or product assembly as required.
- You will support all required electrical and mechanical safety requirements in the work cells by inspection and implementation as required
- You will develop and deploy Windows operating system images for HMIs and manage licensing
- You will support Quality by analyzing returned units, and determining root cause analysis.
- You will troubleshoot warranty and service issues and complete repairs as needed.
- You will perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Team Lead.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Windsor, CT will be considered
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in a manufacturing/engineering test activities
- Associates degree in electrical or computer science from an accredited institution
- 3+ years of technician experience in a manufacturing setting
- Experience building Windows images for computer products
- Strong knowledge of SAP
- Electro-mechanical knowledge
- Understanding of product validation testing (environmental, electrical, mechanical).
- Proficiency in basic testing tools including DMMs, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, hi-pot testers, calipers & dial indicators, environmental chambers, and similar.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel
- Willingness to work in a production environment performing product testing & troubleshooting
- Organizational and planning skills
- General skills needed to identify, address, and solve technical problems
- Must possess effective verbal & written communication skills to interface with managers, vendors, customers and peers. Creativity to come up with cost effective approaches.
- Hands on experience with electrical and electronics test equipment/environmental chambers.
- Some understanding of trouble shooting of system failures
- Ability to record data in Office documents and write simple technical reports
- Must have the ability to function in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision, while performing multiple tasks.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD ALP Airport Lighting Products
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No