Senior Specialist Electrical Mechanical
- You will integrate electronic/electrical hardware with mechanical hardware to provide vehicle powertrain solutions including sensors, actuators, and electrical wiring and interconnect components.
- You will provide electrical/mechanical solutions in a System V-Model product development process focusing efforts at the subsystem architecture and component level through definition, requirements development, technical solution, validation, verification, and integration.
- You will drive planning and development of strategic technologies related to electrical-mechanical systems and components. Develop and deploy strategic plans for technology roadmaps in the area of Electrical-Mechanical engineering in the Eaton Industrial Sector (Vehicle, Hydraulics, Aerospace)
- You will drive innovation to advance Eaton global technical leadership in automotive and commercial vehicle powertrain products. Represent Eaton in relevant SAE and IEEE industry steering committees for electrical-mechanical systems
- You will develop detailed engineering materials including block diagrams, schematics, component drawings, specifications, manuals and other customer documentation, development and test procedures, and Engineering Change Notices.
- You will coach and mentor members of the Electrical-Mechanical engineering team to develop as a global resource Center of Excellence supporting the Industrial Sector
- You will drive new product development and integration with Eaton Systems Engineering and our vehicle OEM customers. Provide existing product engineering support as well as value engineering and cost out initiatives to improve customer satisfaction and reduce lifetime cost of ownership.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Electronic, or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 10 years engineering experience in Electrical-Mechanical Product Engineering
- No relocation assistance is being provided for this position. Only candidates who currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Galesburg, MI will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s Degree in Electrical, Electronic, or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- At least 10 years engineering experience in Electrical-Mechanical Product Engineering in Commercial Vehicle Powertrain Electronics along with additional experience in the following domains - Automotive Powertrain Electronics; Industrial electronics and controls
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time