BRM ADMIN CoE and IS Hyd/VG APAC
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a APAC IT BRM in Eaton Corporate, based in Shanghai, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
The Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is expected to be the single point of contact for the business into IT to achieve service delivery commitments, facilitate escalations, mitigate risks and manage complaints.
This individual will identify opportunities, programs, builds consensus across customer base and IT, develop business cases (with ROI analysis) to secure funding, and execute initiatives through the appropriate build teams. This role spans multiple business processes.
- Ensure significant programs and projects are delivered effectively and reliably to meet the strategic business objectives – includes all aspects of planning, process design, process definition, measurement, reporting, budgeting and execution.
- Ensure all stakeholders are engaged, programs and projects are completed and return on investment is realized.
- Directionally aligned to Corporate Functional and Sub-Function SVPs, VPs and Directors within Asia Pac and Industrial Hydraulics and Vehicle Business.
- Perform vendor management and contract negotiations and reviews.
- Utilizes complex processes and organizational change management.
- Lead and drive complex programs and projects (often in parallel) leveraging the other CoEs within the organization
BRMs actively participate in all key Operations status and Profit Planning activities. This individual will manage 2-3 project managers and is expected to proactively identify opportunities for IT solutions to generate business value and provide input to Strategic Planning.
This role will be responsible for managing the following Corporate Asia Pac Functions: Tax, Finance, HR, Legal and Treasury, as well as Country Managers for China and India. Site responsibilities (in conjunction with SIS) include: Pune (ISSC, EIEC/EIIC/GFSS/SCM/GSSC), Suzhou (GFSS), Manila (HR Shared Services), Corporate India (Creative SSC, Legal Back office), Corporate China (APAC finance, APAC HR/HR shared services, APAC legal).
- Ensure alignment with customer strategy – is a customer advocate
- Ensure customer alignment with IT strategy, IT guiding principles and organizational/Eaton strategy
- Ensure solutions aligned with and support architecture standards. Partner with architecture team if no standards exist.
- Eliminate projects that are not aligned with the IT strategy or are duplicate solutions in existing enterprise software portfolio
- Responsible to customer for service provider success
- Ensure appropriate customer communication & IT response during significant incidents
- Communicate customer issues/needs with IT. Point of contact for customer escalations and complaints
- Establish customer project priorities & communicate within IT
- Accountable for defining OC with project sponsor. Accountable for capturing and reporting OC after reviewing with and gaining approval from project sponsor
- Develop/manager customer IT project portfolio (book of business) and IT profit plan
- Attend Customer Reviews: communicate IT budget status, project status, key IT programs that impact the, strategy/objectives changes, budget changes, prioritization changes
- Distribute annual stakeholder survey & development/track follow up actions
- Disaster Recovery: Ensure plan is at appropriate tier, level of detail and is executable
- Disaster Recovery: Participate in DR test & validate DR results
- Define IT Structure
- Restructure IT organization to meet changing business needs
If you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution and MBA will be a plus.
- At least 10 years Project Management experience and 5 years working with internal business partners.
- Good financial acumen with at least 3 years managing profit planning, capital vs. expense rules, and resource recoveries.
- A strong leader with proven team management experience.
- Knowledge of Corporate and Operations Applications and processes (HR, Finance and Financial processes, ERPs, etc.).
- Preferable with experience working with Fortune 500 Organization.
- Mandarin speaker, strong written and communication skills.
- Possess a good combination of strategic and tactical planning and execution.
- A strong relationship builder with high level influencing and interpersonal skill.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time