- You will support work assignments from supervisor or production control system.
- You will input information into data collection system as required.
- You will work from manufacturing information, sketches, drawings, oral and written instructions.
- You will perform routine maintenance on machinery such as oiling, manual clamp adjustments, and clamp/finger replacement.
- You will use material handling equipment, including powered industrial vehicles, to move product and supplies. May lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and push or pull up to 100 lbs. occasionally with assistance.
- You will be familiar with all materials used to perform job functions. Follow material safety data sheet instructions.
- You will utilize calipers, gauges, or other measuring devices to assure engineering standards to the .001 precision level.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Windsor, CT will be considered
- Minimum of two (2) years previous welding experience with aluminum & sheet metal (Carbon & stainless steel)
- Previous experience running bend, punch, cutoff, shear and iron worker machining centers
- Previous experience using overhead cranes and fork lifts to move material.
- Ability to read and interpret various fabrication drawings
- Experience with precision measuring devices such as: calipers, OD/ID and depth gauges, and other measuring devices
- Six months of previous fabrication experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD ALP Airport Lighting Products
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No