Product Engineer Manager
Lead PCD’s Industrial Circuit Breaker Product Design Engineering organization in the Dominican Republic. Build, strengthen and develop a Product Engineering team of approximately 20 direct reports in order to support regional and global circuit breaker product lines, contribute to new product growth programs, and provide Molded Case Circuit Breaker product engineering support to the Haina manufacturing plant.
• Understand and deploy PCD Engineering Department Strategy in the Dominican Republic. Develop an aligned local product engineering strategy to encompass local manufacturing support and division project engineering. Manage relationships between Product Engineering and Haina Plant Operations, PCD Engineering and associated engineering and product line teams globally.
• Assign task priorities, manage projects, and manage performance of the team of product design engineers as members of cross-functional project and product teams.
• Assess and develop team and individual capabilities. Develop depth of expertise in circuit breaker design and latest technology, including testing, simulation and statistical toolsets, Eaton’s product lines, industry standards and applicable regulations. Utilize a network to identify and develop sources of new talent.
• Understand product requirements & standards, and circuit breaker technology. Lead the team in developing, documenting and interpreting design specifications, and evaluating deviations & changes to support the requirements
• Maintain compliance with requirements & standards and maintain third-party certifications. Manage non-conformance investigations and corrective actions.
• Participate in design, development, validation and documentation of new products, ratings, features, and accessories. Enhance performance margin of existing products. Drive PROLaunch stage-gate projects.
• Support the product lines and the manufacturing plant in new product launches, production support and maintaining existing designs and controlled design documentation.
• Utilize statistical quality tools, modeling & simulation and tolerance analysis to optimize designs and drawing specifications and evaluate design robustness.
• Ensure that designs are cost effective and suitable for manufacture. Support development of production processes, tooling, equipment, test specifications and quality controls in order to support compliance with specifications.
• Manage R&D laboratory areas, equipment and procedures in order to build prototypes and measure, test and evaluate samples. Support corporate and site-specific shop-floor health, safety and security requirements.
• Coordinate design reviews, project status reports and other communications between the Design Center and other stakeholders.
• Support innovation events and technology exploration or demonstration projects. Capture potential intellectual property.
• Comply with approved policies and processes and perform other administrative responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 10 years of experience at similar positions working in electromechanical component or systems design. Included minimum 5 years of experience supervising or leading teams
• Bilingual with written and oral fluency in Spanish and English
• Fundamentals of project management
• Understanding of product requirements, mechanical design, and performance margins.
• Preferred experience with Six-Sigma quality tools
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time