Eaton currently has an opening for a dynamic leader to serve as Human Resources Manager located in Fontana, CA.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will align all HR programs, processes and tools with both the short/long-term business objectives and action plans with a focus on the Eaton Philosophy & Values in the context of doing business right and maintaining positive employee relations at the location.
- You will identify, develop and deploy initiatives and best practices in communications, talent acquisition, performance management, learning and development and total rewards for performance that encourage employee retention, job satisfaction and positive morale.
- You will drive best in class HR practices to positively impact the business, profitability and agility; develop and deploy people strategies to help achieve business-driven objectives
- You will drive the APEX - Achieving Performance EXcellence performance management process for salaried and non-salaried employees to help raise the bar for individual performance, measure sustained improvements, goal-setting and provide coaching and feedback improvement.
- You will develop and deploy a range of learning and developmental experiences that build the necessary knowledge, skills and values required for site success.
- You will develop and deploy reward and recognition programs that are effective in attracting, retaining and motivating employees.
- You will coach supervisors on how to engage and retain key talent, identify when there is a retention risk and differentiate between wanted and unwanted turnover.
- You will drive positive employee relations by coach and educating managers, supervisors and employees on company guidelines, leadership style, coaching and counseling process, conflict resolution, interpersonal communications and effective team interaction.
- You will champion and fully contribute to the Eaton Business System (EBS) initiatives.
- You will champion and actively support the community outreach & volunteerism participation.
- You will ensure compliance with applicable employment laws through appropriate program and process management, as well as ad hoc situation analysis and subsequent plans of actions
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 3 years of human resources experience or a graduate of our HR development program
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Graduate degree in business or human resources
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Spanish language fluency (reading, writing, listening and speaking) highly desired
- Experience in driving positive employee relationship activities
- Hands-on experience in human resources within a manufacturing or distribution setting
- Ability to understand, interpret and easily communicate and align policies and practices to the Eaton Philosophy & Values and Code of Ethics
- Proven ability to influence and work effectively across all levels in a highly-matrixed environment
- Demonstrates discretion, ability to work with sensitive and confidential materials and possesses good business judgment
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also able to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal across a wide audience
- Proven ability to deal with conflict and diffuse difficult situations
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to pull complex data from assorted sources and systems
- General knowledge of employment laws (such as the ADA, EEO, FLSA, FMLA & Title VII) and ability to apply legal concepts to real world situations. California state labor law and compliance is a plus.
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES AMER HQ MFGSC
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time