Sales & Engineering Solutions Engineer
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Sales & Engineering Solution Engineer in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Shanghai, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are — it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
The role offers a broad variety of responsibilities including international liaising and great learning opportunities.
- Drive B-Line product demand through specification with end-users, Engineering Procurement and Construction Firms (EPC’s), Architectural and Engineering (A & E) Firms, Design/build contractors (D/B) , Modular/Fabrication yards, and end-user clients. Manage these activities throughout China while implementing KPIs developed by Regional Leadership.
- Support existing/global sales teams with technical support and product applications
- Responsible for regional strategic planning:
- Work with regional leadership and other resources to define key project pipeline looking forward 1-2 years.
Implement account responsibility along with KPIs for regional specifier targets.
- Penetration and relationship development with national/regional EPC targets
- Penetration and relationship development with A & E firms
- Coordination with global team on domestic EPC offices
- Development of territory action plans
- Execution of territory action plans
- Leverage appropriate internal and external resources to deliver results
- Effectively develop and deliver technical seminars for EPC’s, A&E firms, D/B contractors, sales personnel, and distributors.
- Maintain documentation and sales tools for use in product presentations and technical training seminars on a Global scale.
- Stay abreast of new technology for specification
- Support new product support releases and drive specification of these products
- Actively participate in and manage the development department white papers.
Accountable for managing the technical support to customers across all B-Line channels (Electrical, Mechanical, Comm-Data, & Gratings) on a pre-sales and post-sales basis for product application, specification, interpretation and quotation supp
- Facilitate close collaboration and project intelligence sharing between Engineering Solutions and Sales Management, along with other Eaton divisions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in Mechanical, Electrical, or Structural Engineering or similar field required.
- 3 years experience in Specification Engineering and/or sales within the electrical industry, and two years experience making group presentations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to learn, grow, and deal with ambiguity and change
- A strong bias towards action
- Ability to travel at least 50%
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time