Sales & Engineering Solutions Engineer
State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
This position is responsible for the development and execution of specification strategies in the China market, for industrial, commercial, institutional, and government specifiers across the B-Line product portfolio. The Sales & Engineering Solutions incumbent acts cross-functionally across the organization to help equitably resolve gaps in service, performance, or quality; support the development of new product strategies; and/or facilitate entry into new markets.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
- Drive B-Line product demand through specification with end-users, Engineering Procurement and Construction Firms (EPC’s), Architectural and Engineering (A & E) Firms, Design/build contractors (D/B) , Modular/Fabrication yards, and end-user clients. Manage these activities throughout China while implementing KPIs developed by Regional Leadership.
- Support existing/global sales teams with technical support and product applications
- Responsible for regional strategic planning:
- Work with regional leadership and other resources to define key project pipeline looking forward 1-2 years.
Implement account responsibility along with KPIs for regional specifier targets.
- Penetration and relationship development with national/regional EPC targets
- Penetration and relationship development with A & E firms
- Coordination with global team on domestic EPC offices
- Development of territory action plans
- Execution of territory action plans
- Leverage appropriate internal and external resources to deliver results
- Effectively develop and deliver technical seminars for EPC’s, A&E firms, D/B contractors, sales personnel, and distributors.
- Maintain documentation and sales tools for use in product presentations and technical training seminars on a Global scale.
- Stay abreast of new technology for specification
- Support new product support releases and drive specification of these products
- Actively participate in and manage the development department white papers.
Accountable for managing the technical support to customers across all B-Line channels (Electrical, Mechanical, Comm-Data, & Gratings) on a pre-sales and post-sales basis for product application, specification, interpretation and quotation supp
- Facilitate close collaboration and project intelligence sharing between Engineering Solutions and Sales Management, along with other Eaton divisions.
- Master’s degree in Business or Engineering a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in Mechanical, Electrical, or Structural Engineering or similar field required.
- 3 years experience in Specification Engineering and/or sales within the electrical industry, and two years experience making group presentations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to learn, grow, and deal with ambiguity and change
- A strong bias towards action
- Ability to travel at least 50%
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time