Custom Assembler - 3rd Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Custom Assembler 3rd shift to join our team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility.
The Custom Assembler 1st shift be responsible for performing a variety of diversified sub and final assembly operations on our overhead switchgear product line which contain a large number of parts and substantial fitting and aligning of components.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will perform a variety of repetitive sub and final assembly operations on various standard product lines.
- You will perform some complicated sub-assembly operations, usually limited to a specific standard procedure - on a repetitive basis.
- You will complete routed operation per PP01 or work order instructions
- You will set-up workstation to facilitate easier assembly and operate independently or on a group basis.
- You will complete paperwork, enter labor, confirm production, & move products to outgoing materials zone.
- You will screen defective parts or make adjustments as necessary.
- You will assist QA/Engineering with problem solving for new product development
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the work location will be considered.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Trades training (or equivalent) of soldering and brazing operations, electronic terminology and symbols, and electrical circuits and electronics.
- Knowledge of soldering.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a manufacturing environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No