Global Sales Manager
Under the direct supervision of a Global Sales Director, Eaton is hiring a Global Sales Manager in Southfield, MI.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you.
•You will manage daily sales/commercial activity as well as long-term growth/pursuit opportunities associated with the Vehicle Group JV with Nittan Valve, US Engine Valve (USEV).
•You will investigate, pursue, and manage (as directed) sales opportunities for Vehicle Group (VG) products with Japanese OEMs.
•You will develop and maintain a comprehensive customer strategy for six Japanese customers, which achieves strategic alignment between USEV and the customers
•You will deliver performance in growth (revenue) and profitability, by selling value and providing exceptional customer satisfaction – utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools.
•You will deliver performance by achieving pricing actions, that result in activities associated with budgetary/contractual adjustments, and other targeted price changes within the OEM and Service business
•You will deliver funnel growth by identifying new opportunities and advancing them through various sales stages – specifically stages 3-7.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Manages all commercial aspects for assigned product in NA, including program bidding and negotiation, commercial warranty claims, commercial impacts to program scope changes, and all other commercial and pricing activities associated with the accounts. Collaborates globally to solidify new opportunities.
- Develops, in collaboration with Nittan sales team (USEV) and in collaboration with the Product Strategy Manager (VG), a comprehensive customer roadmap to define engine and platform opportunities, aligning USEV’s and Eaton’s portfolio with customer needs & initiatives
- Aligns Sales Leadership to identify and communicate critical customer expectations
- Articulates clear understanding of current/future targets for relevant product market shares, competitive positioning, pricing strategies and standard profits which achieve USEV’s/Eaton's expectations. Benchmarks with other internal or external sales departments to assure best practices are utilized.
- Monitors market dynamics (global and regional) including customer and competitor developments, and recommends strategies to counteract these pressures to management.
- Utilizes the Eaton Business System´s Value Cycle process and tools to develop (in consensus with Eaton product managers) and deploy comprehensive value based pricing strategies which are market driven, based on value provided, and the competitive landscape.
- Takes ownership of total customer satisfaction for assigned products. Establishes and executes customer scorecard reviews with operations to ensure customer satisfaction is improves and actions are being taken, as appropriate.
- Provides customer interface strategy (points of contacts, frequency) and builds strong rapport with key customer decision-makers.
- Develops the appropriate customer sales forecast for the annual business plans (profit plan, strategic plan).
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum eight (8) years of automotive sales and/or marketing experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Southfield, MI to be considered.
- Demonstrated history with automotive OEM and Tier I supply base
- Commercial or sales experience
- Understanding of Powertrain and Driveline technologies and OEM architectures
- Previous sales experience with Japanese OEMs
Position Success Criteria:
- Excellent interpersonal communication and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a matrix environment
- Understanding key financial metrics such as standard costs, manufacturing profit, bill of materials, and income statements.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with large amounts of data, manage as needed and consolidate and report critical summaries of the data.
- Ability to influence outside of a direct reporting relationship and leverage resources
- Evidence of leadership skills with the ability to develop strong relationships, align with regional business goals, think strategically, adapt to change and develop strategies are critical to this role.
- Broad business acumen, ability to plan and manage execution of business plans
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time