This position is responsible for monitoring the AP POs support queues in the Finance Service catalog to ensure all cases are being actioned, escalated and resolved in a timely manner.
This role is part of PTP vertical of the GFSS Pune team and is responsible to support the queries raised by Sites to APPO Team with respect to various aspects such as
• Differences appearing in AP & PO reconciliation, Interface balancing report and unaccrued receipts register whose balances do not tie with their respective accounts in GL.
• PO/Receipts not interfacing to Oracle AP, no errors in IMD reported
• Queries relating to accounting treatment when the transactions are cleared from APPO Report.
• Reconciling and resolving issues with APPO sub-ledger reports and oracle balances
• APPO reports used for conversion process (July 1st), plants not being able to reconcile the balance that was moved to account 21029
• Write off Requests from APPO and Interface Balancing report.
• APPO reports missing data from a particular period.
• Analysis and correction of receipt quantities for Accrue at Month POs
This role will work with all levels of staff at the Pune SSC to ensure that the Pune SSC is meeting and or beating their customer service level agreements. This position is supporting an evolving global group of internal customers. The ideal candidate is an energetic critical thinker, highly analytical, skilled in driving process improvements, who demonstrates the drive, business acumen, and people capability to deliver results within Eaton’s global financial shared services environment. This position will report directly to regional leadership and functionally to the Global
AP PO Leadership team
2. List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
• The position will require the ability to work effectively with other team members, internal and external customers
• APPO Support team services will:
• This position is responsible for monitoring the AP POs support queues in the Finance Service catalog to ensure all cases are being actioned, escalated and resolved in a timely manner.
• Supplement training provided by Eaton University
• Provide Closing schedules (this will include running/posting reports to common shared drives/SharePoint)
• Interface Balancing support and reporting (this will include performing write offs from IB and APPO)
• Subject matter expertise regarding APPO reconciliation
• FAQ and process updates, templates
• Participate in process improvement events as needed.
Record any measurable statistics which your position impacts such as production expenses, maintenance expenses, sales volumes, payroll costs, capital expenditures, research budgets, cost of purchases, value of inventories controlled, employees supervised (direct and indirect).
• Measure to our Global Financial Shared Services Customer SLA
• Customer Survey Results
5. Describe any specialized knowledge or skill (e.g., technical, scientific, administrative, managerial) which your position requires.
Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
Demonstrated intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Excel
3 -5 year’s work experience in Financial Shared Services
Experience with Financial systems, Oracle, SAP, Concur or Markview
Customer Service Work Experience of 2 -3 years
Proven problem solving and communication skills in English, both oral and written
Experience with Oracle and/or SAP Financial systems
Excellent customer focus and service delivery
End to end finance process and system set up and maintenance knowledge
Knowledge of problem solving tools and techniques
Experience with multiple ERP platforms and systems across multiple functions.
Process/Continuous Improvement experience advantageous
Strong team player
6. Describe all other aspects of your position that you feel are important and which have not been adequately covered (i.e. unique problems encountered, special freedom to take action, critical outside contacts, exceptional working conditions etc.)
• Position requires a high level of analytical skills in order to meet the ad hoc demand for information on a daily basis. Most of this position is unplanned, non-routine work that requires a strong accountant with analytical skills and a good understanding of customer support processes.
• Position requires a good understanding of the technical aspects of the systems used and supported. This includes identifying issues, troubleshooting, and actively participating in the resolution of system issues.
• Will have interaction with numerous members of senior management including executive management, regional vice presidents, country controllers, shared service center vice presidents, etc.
• Must have an understanding of strategic initiatives and be able to gather data to support strategic decisions.
• Needs to utilize technical tools to gather information for analysis.
• Must have excellent people skills to interact with all levels of employees.
• Must have good time management skills.
• Must be highly motivated, highly analytical and a self-starter.
• Must be able to mentor other team members.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only